The individual who occupies this position, effectively occupies the Campus's front lobby or HR Office space, and is expected to:
- maintain a warm and supportive presence at the front desk or HR Office for campus visitors, students, and employees.
- sign in visitors and connect them to their campus contact. (that is, call the campus contact to come pick up the visitor at the front desk).
- be aware of what and where campus events are scheduled in order to assist newcomers with navigation.
- field and/or redirect incoming calls and inquires as appropriate
- perform routine administrative tasks as assigned and to meet expectations.
- serve as a point of contact for emergency and unusual situations as they may emerge and when there is not a manager on duty. (that is, call 911 in an emergency,or follow the campus emergency procedure protocol.)
- provide onsite routine administrative task support such as filing, testing learning objects, processing information packages in print and online.
This position requires a friendly, can-do, and out-going presence with service orientation to reach out to individuals in the lobby space, and assist students, visitors, and employees as appropriate.
Ability to work with minimal direction; take the initiative to update materials, keep the reception desk tidy, and other tasks as appropriate; and maintain flexibility.
Ability to respond calmly and quickly in case of an emergency, or in the case of an urgent service request, respond as needed.
Routine administrative tasks range from stuffing envelopes, creating flyers, laminating ID cards, and so forth.