The individual who occupies this position is responsible for providing students, employees, visitors, and callers with a welcome and attentive presence. Work also involves:
- Checking in and connecting visitors to a campus rep
- Assisting visitors with navigation
- Fielding and/or redirecting calls and inquiries as appropriate
- Learning and applying emergency protocol
- Provide administrative task and research support
- Coordinating deliveries
Ability to work with minimal direction; take the initiative to update materials, keep the reception desk tidy, and other tasks as appropriate; and maintain flexibility.
Work requires an energetic and service-minded individual able to organize and truncate assignments to fit work schedule. Proven ability to adhere to task and confidentiality requirements. Strong attention to detail.Ability to respond calmly and quickly in case of an emergency, or in the case of an urgent service request, respond as needed.
Routine administrative tasks range from stuffing envelopes, creating flyers, laminating ID cards, and so forth.
Weekday and weekend shifts are offered in conjunction with campus class schedule. Shifts may range from 4-8 hours each.