The Education Coordinator spearheads the main annual event held by CTEC, including the planning and execution of the event, which may be a symposium or community event (see web site for past annual events). The topic or focus will be determined by the Education Coordinator in conjunction with the Director, CTEC staff, and the ES Dept. The Education Coordinator will be responsible for oversight of the Education Committee of CTEC, composed of student volunteers from the AUNE campus. The Education coordinator also works on activities related to CTEC’s mission statement which advance education about and research in tropical systems and linking them to New England, including organizing workshops for the ES Department and the broader community on topics such as statistics, GIS and RS, cultural competency, or proposal writing. The Education Coordinator position entails grant proposal writing and developing fundraisers to that support CTEC’s annual event and education objectives for the year.
• Great communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent writing skills, including for grant proposals, and interest in building experience in writing and editing
• Excellent organizational skills to put together large public events and carry off fund raising events
• Ability to work independently and creatively
• Ability to network
• Strong computer and internet skills