Teaching Reciprocity – Getting Certified in Other States

Getting certified to teach in New Hampshire makes it easier to get your teaching certificate in most other states.

The State of New Hampshire participates in a reciprocal teacher certification agreement with the states listed below via the National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification (NASDTEC) Interstate Certification Contract. This agreement makes it easier for teachers certified in one state to become certified teachers in another state.

Some states require teacher certification applicants to take a competency exam and/or fulfill other special requirements such as taking a state history course. The requirements in each state are different and the best course of action for anyone seeking certification is to contact the Department of Education in the appropriate state.

Learn more about the NASDTEC Interstate Agreement

These states participate in the NASDTEC Interstate Agreement. Use the links below to gvisit your state’s Department of Education.

Alabama Kansas Ohio
Arizona Kentucky Oklahoma
Arkansas Louisiana Oregon
California Maine Pennsylvania
Colorado Maryland Rhode Island
Connecticut Massachusetts South Carolina
Delaware Michigan Tennessee
District of Columbia Mississippi Texas
Florida Montana Utah
Georgia Nevada Vermont
Hawaii New Jersey Virginia
Idaho New Mexico Washington
Illinois New York West Virginia
Indiana North Carolina Wyoming