Teacher Education Programs
Creative. Engaging. Insightful. Since 1964, Antioch University New England has been a leader in progressive education. These are the hallmarks of our programs:
- A celebration of childhood by teaching the whole child
- A deep respect for each student’s strengths and needs
- Advocacy for educational equity, social justice, and inclusive education
- Developmentally appropriate teaching and assessment
- Experiential, problem-based, inquiry driven, real world and place-based learning
- Cooperation between teachers, students, parents and communities to create inclusive schools
- A commitment to teacher self-knowledge and reflection
- An integrated curricula that incorporates reading, arts, math, science, social studies, movement, and the natural world
Experience progressive education yourself in small classes that foster a collaborative learning environment and provide the opportunity for individual attention. Coursework is student-centered, problem-based, experiential and hands-on. Help us make schools a more wondrous place for children.
Teacher Certification Programs (MEd)
Earn a master of education (MEd) and initial teacher licensure in 16 months. Our integrated learning approach to education will help you bring the richness of your life experiences to the art of teaching children. Help students develop the capacity to shape their own lives and communities. Learn more about our Teacher Certification programs:
- Elementary Teacher Certification
- Early Childhood Certification
- Nature-Based Early Childhood Certificate
- Elementary/Early Childhood Certification
- Dual Elementary/Special Education Certification
Experienced Educator Programs (MEd and Certificates)
Whether you’ve been teaching two years or two decades, the Experienced Educator program will help you move to the next phase of your career. We support the professional growth of teachers through reflective practice and collaboration. Share our deep commitment to creating equitable and joyful spaces of learning for children and adults alike. Study online during the school year and on campus for two weeks each summer. Learn more about the Experienced Educator program.
Waldorf Programs (MEd and Certificates)
Our Waldorf teacher education programs are based on the educational philosophy of Rudolf Steiner. Our internationally renowned faculty are passionate about guiding students to become teachers who educate the whole child—heart, hands, and head. Learn more about our Waldorf programs.
Science Teacher Certification
In addition, AUNE’s Environmental Studies Department offers a teacher certification program for those who want to teach middle or high school science. Learn more about Science Teacher Certification.