Gargi Roysircar’s article, Correlates of self-reported multicultural competencies: Counselor multicultural social desirability, race, social inadequacy, locus of control racial ideology, and multicultural training (Sodowsky, Kuo-Jackson, Frey, & Corey, 1998) has contributed to the rising Impact Factor of the Journal of Counseling Psychology (JCP). In 2007, this article was among the articles most responsible for making JCP the most cited applied psychology journal within the Web of Science database. In particular, Roysircar’s article was ranked 13th with 48 citations since its publication by JCP in 1998. Generally, citations of an article decline two years after its publication. However, Roysircar’s study, which used the Multicultural Counseling Inventory, continues to be referenced strongly 10 years after its publication.
Handbook for Social Justice in Counseling Psychology
Co-Edited by Gargi Roysircar-Sodowsky, November 2005.
Chapters by Gargi Roysircar:
- School Prevention Work in Schools and with Youth: Promoting Competence and Reducing Risks
- A Theoretical and Practice Framework for Universal School-Based Prevention
- Counseling Health Psychology’s Collaborative Role in the Community
- Community Health Promotion Curriculum: A Case Study of Southeast Asian Refugees (co-authored with Antioch alumna Uyen K. Huynh)
- Future Directions for Counseling Psychology: Enhancing Leadership, Vision, and Action in Social Justice (authored with co-editors)
Multicultural Assessment in Counseling and Clinical Psychology
Edited by Gargi Roysircar-Sodowsky & James C. Impara, 1996.
Multicultural Assessment Scales
- Multicultural Counseling Inventory (MCI)
- Multicultural Social Desirability Index (MCSD)
- Internal-External Ethnic Identity Measure
- Minority-Majority Relations Survey (MMRS) and
American-International Relations Scale (AIRS)
- Cultural Adjustment Difficulties Checklist (CADC)
- Cross-Cultural Coping Scale (CCCS)
Gargi Roysircar-Sodowsky, Senior Editor
Recently published by the American Counseling Association
The book cover art is by Cheryl Wilczak (3rd yr. PsyD). Jane Uchison (2nd yr. PsyD.) has contributed a book chapter, entitled Multiculturalism and immigrants. Jane presents a case conceptualization that she originally wrote based on her conversations with a culturally diverse person that she interviewed for the course requirements of PY 777, Human Diversity and the Clinical Enterprise. Dr. Roysircar has a chapter in her book, entitled Experiential Training in Multicultural Counseling: Implementation and Evaluation of Counselor Process.
*Purchase Source: American Counseling Association. 5999 Stevenson Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22304