The weekend model is for students who are working or prefer to attend classes five intensive weekends each semester.
Diversity of Student Population
- Ages 21 to 65
- Employed in nonprofits, education, health care, small and large corporations, and self-employed
- From all over the United States. The highest percentage of students are from New England and the Mid Atlantic states; many students carpool together to Antioch. Students have commuted from as far south as Georgia and as far west as California. (Manchester, NH International Airport is the closest airport—1.25 hours from Keene)
- Students who enroll in this model are usually employed full-time.
- These students are leaders or aspiring to be sustainability leaders. Some are in career or job transitions, while others are entrepreneurs. Many are seeking advancement within their profession and current workplaces.
- Some students have partners, spouses, and children.
- Many students juggle full personal, professional, and academic lives.
- Many students stay in hotels or bed and breakfasts while attending classes, with student rates. In addition, many friends of Antioch rent out bedrooms for weekend students at very affordable rates. Local Accommodations
Overview Class Schedule
- It takes 4 semesters (24 months, with the summer semester off) to complete the program following this course sequence
- Weekend classes are held five weekends per semester (Friday 1-9pm – 1st year and 3:30-8:30pm – 2nd year, Saturday and Sunday 8:30am-5:30pm)
- Optional international field trip during 2nd year summer
- No classes in July and August