The Sustainable Business Certificate is a credited certificate for people interested in integrating sustainability practices into their businesses and nonprofits. It introduces the concepts of sustainability in a systems approach for students who want to learn how to apply sustainability to finance, human resources, and organizational development.
The certificate is ideal for people who have been asked to lead a sustainability initiative, integrate sustainability into a business, and be accountable for sustainability initiatives. For individuals who are new to sustainability, it’s the perfect program through which to obtain a solid understanding of triple-bottom-line thinking and sustainable operations. This program is also well-suited to small- to mid-size business entrepreneurs who want to integrate best practices for sustainability into their strategic planning and operations.
Students complete three required courses and one elective from the MBA in Sustainability curriculum. The courses are offered during the MBA in Sustainability’s weekend program (five weekends per semester). The certificate program can be completed in two to three semesters.
- Introduction to Sustainability
- Managerial & Financial Accounting
- Teamwork & Diversity OR Developing People & Performance
Options for Electives:
- Earth Systems in Organizations
- Ecological Economics for Social Entrepreneurs
- Finance for Socially Conscious Leaders
- Operations & Value Chain Management
- Leadership, Ethics & Change
- Marketing & Communication Strategy
For more information, contact Taryn Fisher, MBA Program Director.
To apply to the program, contact Laura Andrews, Office of Admissions.