The sustainability field is evolving so quickly that we believe it is essential to monitor a variety of venues for information. Below are a variety of weblinks on sustainability, activist social networking, and green job opportunities.
- Green Jobs Ready - A green jobs board and other green resources.
- Yahoo! Green - A Yahoo content site providing information and news on climate change.
- TreeHugger.com - A sustainability content site with a variety of lifestyle blogs.
- GreenMaven.com - Green search engine with over 6500 sites.
- - Directory of Green products and businesses.
- ICLEI.org - Local Governments for Sustainability
- IdealBite.com - Daily email tips on sustainable life.
- GreenOptions.com - Tips on greening your life.
- SustainabilityInstitute.org - Sustainability projects, services, and resources
- SustainableMeasures.com - Sustainability indicators
- SustSci.aaas.org - Forum for science applications in sustainable nature-society interactions
- Think Green Live Clean - The Simplest, Easiest, and Smartest Solutions for Living a Greener Lifestyle
- All About Filtered Water Bottles - Part of the website called The Water Page, which is dedicated to the promotion of sustainable water resources management and use, especially in developing regions.
Current News on Environmental and Organizational Sustainability
- The Aspen Institute - An international organization working on environmental and economic concerns.
- GreenBiz.com - A collection of environmental press releases from various organizations.
- Grist.org - A humorous commentary on news related to the environment.
- Environmental Leader - Daily newsletter on environmental leadership topics.
- AmericanPublicMedia.org - Recent and archived sustainability articles from around the world
- ConservationValue.org - Sustainability articles
- ScienceDaily.com - Sustainability research and reports by date or topic
Environmental and Social Activism Networking
- Gaia.com - Social networking site focused on environmental and social activism.
- WiserEarth.com - Social networking site for environmental and social activism.
- AASHE.org - Higher education network advancing sustainablility
- EnviroLink.org - Job and volunteer opportunities enhancing the environment
- Net Impact - Net Impact is a global network of “business school students and alumni who believe that businesses have not only a financial responsibility but also a social responsibility to their stakeholders.” Net Impact members can participate in multiple job networking opportunities through an online community, job bulletin board, and national conference.
- Free Management Library - Complete guide to ethics management.
- New Hampshire Businesses for Social Responsibility - NHBSR’s mission is to build and support a network of businesses committed to adopting socially responsible business practices, recognizing that people, principles and profits are inseparably linked.
- Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility - VRSR’s mission is to foster a business ethic in Vermont that recognizes the opportunity and responsibility of the business community to set a high standard for protecting the natural, human, and economic environments of our citizens.
- - SBI motivates private enterprise to initiate, institutionalize and, communicate sustainable business practices, thereby increasing profitability and shareholder value.
- EnviroLink.org - Online Environmental Community
- Triple Pundit - TriplePundit.com is a conversation about conscious, responsible business in the context of today’s environmental and social challenges.
- Ecopreneurist - Ecopreneurist provides news and advice on sustainable and social entrepreneurship.
- Green Living Journal - Regular topics include organic gardening, green building, health, ecocareers and right livelihood, outdoors/sports, socially responsible investing, econotes, questions and answers, book reviews, and features on topical environmental issues.
- Co-op America - Working on issues of social justice and environmental responsibility.
- Sustainable Business Network - A forum where businesses come together to transform and model an economy built on sustainable practices.
- Low Impact Living - Tips to help you lower the environmental impact of your home and your daily life.
- Sustainable Communities Network - Linking citizens to resources and to one another to create healthy, vital, sustainable communities.
- Ceres.org - Investors and environmentalists for sustainable prosperity.
- WorldChanging.com - A solutions-based online magazine that works from a simple premise: that the tools, models and ideas for building a better future lie all around us.
- Maine Businesses for Social Responsibility - MEBSR is a network of Maine businesses working together for sustainable business success through social responsibility, environmental stewardship, and economic prosperity.
- 10% Challenge - The 10% Challenge is a voluntary program to raise public awareness about global climate change and to encourage households and businesses to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions by at least 10 percent.