Career Development is an integral part of the MBA student experience. MBA students have opportunities to explore their lives and career values, which we believe are inextricably related. They consider their past and present career choices, aspirations, and other factors critical to determining their futures. Based on this information, students may develop Personal Strategic Plans to guide their decision-making in regard to their careers.
myCareer Planner features career planning, networking, and job search tools that can help students leverage educational and professional accomplishments whether they are seeking to enhance an existing career or change careers entirely.
Within this online tool, students can explore on their own a variety of content-rich modules including:
- Assessments and Exercises: Learn how skills, personality and values can influence career choice
- Resume Tools: Receive tips on resume writing, interviewing and social networking
- Career Research: Search for jobs, manage lists of job postings, and research potential employers
- My Organizer: Manage job opportunities, contacts and a job search calendar
- Job Talk: Network and chat with other students at Antioch University who are seeking job opportunities
In addition, students have up to one hour of telephone advising with an experienced career-planning advisor. Whether to help interpret Assessment results, or provide feedback on a resume, the career planning advisor is there to guide and assist.
Please click the link for an overview of this student services offering: myCareer Planner Overview.
- AUNE Job Board – A job listing resource for Antioch University New England alumni and students.
- AASHE Bulletin – AASHE is an association of colleges and universities that work to create a sustainable future.
- B Corp Jobs Board – Have you been looking for a job opportunity where you know that the company that you work for cares not only for the health of the company, but also for the health of their employees, the community and the environment? Then look no further.
- Boston College Center for Corporate Citizenship – Job board maintained by the Boston College Center for Corporate Citizenship.
- BSR Sustainability Careers – BSR believes that a just and sustainable world will result when the unique skills and resources of all sectors—business, civil society, and government—are aligned toward that goal.
- Careers in Conservation from the Land Trust Alliance
- Common Good Careers – A mission-driven search firm that is committed to social impact.
- CSRJobs – Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility Jobs
- Environmental Career – Search engine for employment with organizations focused on the environment.
- Ethical Performance – Provides information on CSR and SRI for companies, investors, professional service organizations and institutions worldwide.
- GINN Career Center – The GIIN is a nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing the scale & effectiveness of impact investing. Impact investments are investments made into companies, organizations, & funds with the intention to generate social & environmental impact alongside a financial return.
- Good Food Jobs – They post opportunities with farmers and food artisans, policy makers and purveyors, retailers and restaurateurs, economists, ecologists, and more.
- opportunities and internships.
- GreenBiz.com – Search engine for green jobs.
- Green Career Central – A one-stop career site to help job seekers identify their green niche, research the green economy, and find green employment.
- Green Jobs – Positions in renewable energy around the world.
- Green Jobs Network – Connecting people seeking jobs that focus on environmental and social responsibility with available opportunities and resources.
- Indeed.com – Search job sites, newspapers, associations and company career pages. Create an account and set up preferences and alerts for relevant jobs.
- International Ecotourism Society – Current listing of international jobs.
- ISSP – The world’s leading professional association of sustainability practitioners.
Just Means Business Better – The best news and information about “Business. Better.”
- LearnHowToBecome.org – Guidebook to help understand exactly what lies ahead for job seekers in a renewable, sustainable and more efficient world.
- Net Impact – Career advice, resources, and job opportunities for people who want to make a positive impact through their careers.
- New Hampshire Businesses for Social Responsibility
- Planet Friendly – Organic farming information with job links in Canada and the U.S.
- Renewable Energy World – Located in Peterborough, NH.
- Social Good Jobs – Careers to make a difference.
- SustainableBusiness.com – Search open positions for environmentally responsible employers.
- Triple Pundit – People, Planet, Profit
- Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility (VBSR) – Internships for students working on undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Weinweb Group – A trusted resource for sustainability recruiting and corporate social responsibility recruiting.
Other Interesting links to follow for career development:
- Sizing the Clean Economy: A National and Regional Green Jobs Assessment
- Blue Green Alliance – Today, the BlueGreen Alliance unites 15 of our country’s largest unions and environmental organizations. Acting together, through nearly 16 million members and supporters, we are a powerful voice for building a cleaner, fairer and more competitive American economy.
- Where Will They Lead (2008)? (PDF) – A report from the Aspen Institute Center for Business Education on MBA student attitudes about business and society.
- A Guide toGreen Careers – This guidebook has been created to help readers better understand exactly what lies ahead for job seekers in a renewable, sustainable and more efficient world. If you are interested in finding a career where you can make a difference while making a living, this guidebook is for you.
- Careers in Sustainability – Sustainability is a growing field, with job opportunities in the sciences, social sciences and the humanities.
- AUNE Writing Center – Writing Strong Career Documents: Composing your resume, cover letter, or CV for a job or internship.
- New World Resume – Pelham, NH –
When you work with New World Resume you will receive professional resume writing services and a dedication to our clients that are unparalleled.
- Quintessential Careers – This is a good professional site with excellent articles on resume writing and also job searching.
- Informational Interviews – What is an Informational Interview and How it Can Help Your Career
- Acing the Informational Interview – If you’re looking to “recareer,” knowing the ins and outs of exploratory interviewing is a must.
- Informational Interviewing Do’s and Don’ts – What are the keys to a successful strategy of using informational interviewing? What follows are some guidelines, tips, and rules for achieving your career and job-search goals using informational interviews.
- What’s Next Professional Coaching provides professional coaching for individuals and groups ready for change. Antioch alumna, Michelle Bourassa (MS 2008), facilitates success by encouraging others to stretch themselves, focus on their goals and not settle. Interested? Contact Michelle for a complimentary planning session.
- Profession and Purpose Career Coaching is for professionals and graduate students seeking one-on-one career coaching, Katie Kross delivers coaching directly herself and also recommends her colleague Stephanie Gripne, PhD.
Both Katie and Stephanie are available to deliver coaching directly to individuals by phone or through small-group career coaching sessions on campuses. Coaching sessions focus on specific, actionable recommendations and resources aimed at helping candidates.
- CareerCoachPiper has a coaching style built on trust and respect. As a “guide on the side,” she will accompany you on your journey to a fulfilling and rewarding career using objectivity, positive support, and every resource at her disposal. Piper C. Reason (MHSA 1989) has the training and experience to help you move forward. The initial call is free.