Jumpstart your library work by making sure you and your computer system are ready to take advantage of all library resources and services. The library will assist you with any support you need.
Be sure your computer system and skills are up-to-date.
- Many of the library’s research and document delivery services are available online. To make optimum use of these services you will need an up-to-date computer system, basic
computer literacy skills, and Internet access.
- Read more about AUNE’s computer requirements for students.
Make sure you activate and use your Antioch email account.
- For purposes of authentication, the library can only do email communication with you through Antioch’s email system. When contacting us via email, you must use your Antioch email account. Email from external email addresses (i.e., hotmail, gmail, yahoo, etc) is routinely deleted as a security precaution. Also, using your Antioch email account identifies you as an authorized user of library services.
Bookmark the Library home page
- Or make it your browser’s home page, so that you can always find us quickly and easily. (This is done using Tools or Options in your browser toolbar.)
- There is also a link to the library from the Antioch University New England homepage.
Make sure your computer has Adobe Reader installed.
- Some files which are downloaded from the library require special applications
(computer programs) to handle them. For example, articles are often delivered as PDF files (scanned images, or electronic photocopies) that require a free application called Adobe Reader. Computers often come with this program already installed, but you may need to download a newer version from the Adobe website.
- It is very important that you have a current version of Adobe Reader installed on your computer, as most electronic reserve readings are PDF files. You will not be able to read electronic reserves without Adobe Reader on your computer.
- Adobe Support Center
Meet the Library Staff
Behind the technology we are real people, helping you and answering your questions. Antioch librarians work with specific departments so that students and faculty can be provided with consistent and individualized research support. The library staff are dedicated to providing quality service to all Antioch community members. We’re open 7 days a week; stop by and see us!
Familiarize yourself with key bibliographic indexes and full-text journal collections.
- We have many online research databases in specific subject areas, as well as some that are multidisciplinary in nature. Check out our Subject Guides to see what resources are appropriate for your program or subject area.
- We also have access to thousands of full text journals in online collections.
- Our subscription databases are available only to current staff, faculty, and students of AUNE and the Leadership & Change PhD program of Antioch University.
Be aware of our Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery service.
- When you need a book or journal article that is not available in the AUNE Library, you may put in a request for us to get it for you through Interlibrary Loan.
- If we do own a journal that is only available in print and you cannot get to campus, you can request an article using our Interlibrary Loan form and we will send you an electronic copy.
- If we own a book you need and you cannot get to campus, we can mail the book to you. Use the Interlibrary Loan form for this service as well.