Do you have a research question? Need help finding information...books...articles? Ask us!
- by using the Ask a Librarian! form
- by telephone 603-283-2404
- by visiting the library
Do you need tech support?
- Check out Student Information and Resources for information about Sakai and other academic technology.
- Contact the Antioch University Help Desk for all other tech support
Several of our online research databases include references and/or full text of documents relating to Waldorf education. [Access to these resources is restricted to current students, staff, and faculty of Antioch University New England and the Leadership & Change PhD program of Antioch University.]
- Education Research Complete Full text database covering scholarly research and information relating to all areas of education.
- ERIC is a comprehensive database of information on education and related fields, and includes the full text of many journal articles, reports, and other types of documents.
Free access databases
For a complete list of books in AUNE Library on education in general or more specific topics such as Waldorf education, anthroposophy, curriculum development, etc., check WorldCat Local, our online catalog. WorldCat Local can tell you what books are in our collection and whether or not they are available for check-out. You can also use WorldCat Local to search for materials in other libraries and use the interlibrary loan form to request copies.
If you live at a distance from Keene, AUNE Library books can be mailed to you. Use our Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery form to request books from our collection.
Below is a short representative list of titles you can find on our shelves.
- Balance in teaching : Stuttgart September 15-22, 1920 and October 15-16, 1923 by Rudolf Steiner
- The education of the child in the light of anthroposophy by Rudolf Steiner
- The educational tasks and content of the Steiner Waldorf curriculum edited by Martyn Rawson and Tobias Richter
- The therapeutic eye : how Rudolf Steiner observed children by Peter Selg
- Waldorf education for America by Herman von Baravalle, edited by David Booth
- The way of a child by A.C. Harwood
Keene-Link is the combined catalog of Keene Public and Keene State College libraries. Use Keene-Link to locate materials at these local libraries, where Antioch students and faculty can check out books and certain other materials. Contact Antioch Library for more information on borrowing privileges at these libraries for current Antioch students (call 603-283-2400 or email Library Circulation).
Suggested Waldorf/Steiner Websites
There are many websites where you can find information on Rudolf Steiner and Waldorf education. These are some of the best; many of them provide full text of books, articles, and lectures, and one has links to audio files of Steiner works.
- Rudolf Steiner Archive Many many full text books, articles, and other documents relating to, or by, Rudolf Steiner.
- Rudolf Steiner Audio Free MP3 files of Steiner books and lectures, read by Dale Brunsvold. Listen online or download to MP3 player, iPod, or CD.
- Why Waldorf Works "Everything you need to know about Waldorf education." A wealth of information on Waldorf education, job opportunities, etc. Sponsored by the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America (AWSNA).