Access restricted to current students, staff, and faculty of Antioch University New England and the Leadership & Change PhD program of Antioch University.
- Education Research Complete Full text database covering scholarly research and information relating to all areas of education.
- ERIC Has information about teacher-contributed lesson plans and activities.
- EBSCO Animals Encyclopedia of animals for elementary school students with thousands of easy-to-read entries about mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, fish, dinosaurs and prehistoric animals.
Free access databases
Other Library Resources
- AUNE Library has books and other resources available which can be of help with lesson plans and activities in several subject areas. Look in the online catalog for subject headings such as “curriculum materials,” “study and teaching,” or “activity programs” in conjunction with the particular topic you need information on.
- For example, use “rivers study and teaching” as a subject search, or “nature study activity programs.”
- To find age-appropriate material use the subject heading “juvenile literature.”
- AUNE Library houses over 200 children's books known as the Chase Collection. They are primarily in the areas of science and environmental education, both fiction and non-fiction, for all age levels.
- These books are identified in our catalog by the phrase “Chase Collection” and also can be found by using the subject heading “juvenile literature.”
- The books are shelved separately as a browseable collection in the Library's Reading Room.
- Keene State College Curriculum Materials Library
- See related Subject Guides:
Suggested Internet Sites
These are only a few of the thousands available for lesson plans and activities. To find more, do a Google search on the phrase “lesson plans” or “math lesson plans” (or any other subject), AND limit the domain to .org or .edu. There will still be hundreds of sites to choose from, but limiting your results to sites hosted by an organization or an academic institution will at least screen out all the “.com” sites that want to sell you something.
Suggest a site! Email the library to recommend sites for inclusion in this list.
- Gateway to Educational Materials “high quality lesson plans, curriculum units and other education resources on the Internet”
- Language Arts From the Open Directory Project; dozens of links to lesson plans and reproducibles.
- Math Forum Links to arithmetic lesson plans
- Renewable Energy Lesson Plans
- The Science Page Links to science activities, labs, and lesson plans.
- The Smithsonian