Welcome to your Environmental Education research home.
Need help with library research? Not sure what resource to use or how to phrase your search questions? Ask me! I'm Rachel Sperling, your personal librarian. I can be reached
- by using the Ask a Librarian! form
- by Antioch email [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- by telephone 603.283.2404
- by visiting the library
Antioch University New England has an on-campus Writing Center, where students can make appointments with writing tutors for assistance. Antioch University also has a Virtual Writing Center, where you can submit papers to get feedback about your writing as well as find access to other resources which can help with all phases of the writing process.
Related Subject Guides
Access restricted to current students, staff, and faculty of Antioch University New England and the Leadership & Change PhD program of Antioch University.
- ABI/Inform Full text database which includes management & planning journals
- Academic Search Premier Scholarly, multidisciplinary database
- Biological Abstracts (BIOSIS) Index and abstracts to international journal articles in biological and medical research
- Birds of North America (BNA) Online A comprehensive reference on the life histories of North American birds, including audio and video content, produced by the Cornell Lab of Ornithology and the American Ornithologists' Union
- Education Research Complete Full text database covering scholarly research and information relating to all areas of education.
- Environment Complete Full text database covering , ecosystem ecology, energy, natural resources, marine & freshwater science, geography, pollution & waste management, environmental technology, environmental law, public policy, social impacts, urban planning, and more
- Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management Includes several subfiles including Ecology Abstracts and Environmental Impact Statement Abstracts
- ERIC Comprehensive index to information for education and related fields...citations for journal articles, books, master's projects, lesson plans, and more. Provides full text of many articles and ERIC documents.
- JSTOR Full text archive of over 100 journals from ecology, botany, and biological and health sciences, going back to their first issues
- LexisNexis Full text of national and regional newspapers, broadcast transcripts, international news, some environmental journals, federal and state laws, and more
- Science Citation Index Expanded (ISI Web of Science) Find out how many times an author or particular study has been cited in the literature
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory Detailed information about nearly 50,000 journals, magazines, newspapers, newsletters, and more
- Wildlife & Ecology Studies Worldwide For all animal studies
- PapersFirst, index of papers presented at conferences
- ProceedingsFirst, index of printed conference proceedings
- AGRICOLA (AGRICultural OnLine Access) A bibliographic database of citations to agricultural literature, created by the National Agricultural Library
- DuckData A comprehensive bibliography of published literature on the ecology, conservation, and management of North American waterfowl and their wetland habitats
- Forest History Society Searchable databases of forest conservation information & environmental History
- InfoNatura Conservation information on the birds and mammals of Latin America & the Caribbean
- NatureServe Biodiversity information
- OWL (Ornithological Worldwide Literature) Searchable database of citations and abstracts of international ornithological literature. Covers grey literature, such as reports and conference proceedings, as well as journal articles
- PrimateLit Provides bibliographic access to the scientific literature on nonhuman primates
- S.O.R.A. (Searchable Ornithological Research Archive) This website provides free access to a full text, historical archive of the following journals:
- Auk (1884-1999)
- Condor (1899-2000)
- Journal of Field Ornithology (1930-1999)
- North American Bird Bander (1976-2000)
- Ornithological Monographs (1964-2005)
- Pacific Coast Avifauna (1900-1974)
- Studies in Avian Biology (1978-1999)
- Western Birds (1970-2004)
- Wilson Bulletin (1889-1999)
Selected Government Resources
- U.S. government's official search engine: "It is a comprehensive, searchable index of about 50 million pages from federal, state, local, territorial, and tribal websites."
- Open CRS (Congressional Research Reports)
Selected Professional Organizations
- American Ornithologists' Union (AOU)
- American Planning Association (APA)
- American Society for Environmental History (ASEH)
- American Water Resources Association (AWRA)
- Association of American Geographers (AAG)
- Association for Environmental Studies and Sciences (AESS)
- Ecological Society of America (ESA)
- North American Association of Environmental Education
- New Hampshire Association of Natural Resource Scientists (NHANRS)
- Planners Network
- Society for Conservation Biology (SCB)
- Society of Wetland Scientists (SWS)
- Soil Ecology Society (SES)
- Soil Science Society of America (SSSA)
- The Wildlife Society
Listservs are forums for communities centered around topics, disciplines, or professions, where the group communicates through email. When you are subscribed to a listerv, you can post messages to a group of people by sending one email to the list. In turn you will also receive emails that are posted to the list by other members. Listservs are one way to enter into professional conversations with colleagues. They're also a good job-hunting tool, as open positions in a particular field are often posted to listservs.
Here is a sampling of listservs with an environmental focus:
- BIODIV-L: a mailing list for news and announcements related to Biodiversity and Wildlife policy issues. Postings include biodiversity and wildlife policy news, announcements of workshops/conferences, job listings, and information on new publications and online resources.
- ECOLOG-L: Listserv of the Ecological Society of America, including news, jobs, grants, and more.
- H-Environment: Listserv for folks interested in environmental history.
- MARMAN: an edited e-mail discussion list which focuses on marine mammal research and conservation, run through the University of Victoria. The list was established in August 1993 specifically for marine mammal researchers and graduate students, as well as those actively involved in marine mammal conservation and management.