Welcome to your Advocacy for Social Justice and Sustainability research home.
Access restricted to current students, staff, and faculty of Antioch University New England and the Leadership & Change PhD program of Antioch University.
- Use WorldCat Local, to find books and other materials in AUNE's library, as well as in libraries around the world.
- Keene-Link, the combined catalog of Keene Public and Keene State College libraries
- Dissertations and Theses Database (Proquest)
- ABI/Inform Full text database which includes management & planning journals
- Academic Search Premier Scholarly, multidisciplinary database
- Alternative Press Index Subject index to over 300 alternative, radical and left periodicals, newspapers and magazines. International and interdisciplinary index, spanning the social sciences and humanities, with its central focus on the practice and theory of socialism, national liberation, labor, indigenous peoples, gays/lesbians, feminism, ecology, democracy, and anarchism. Also see Archive below.
- Alternative Press Index Archive (1969-1990) provides access to the practices and theories of radical social change. The Index is international and interdisciplinary, spanning the social sciences and humanities, with its central focus on the practice and theory of socialism, national liberation, labor, indigenous peoples, gays/lesbians, feminism, ecology, democracy, and anarchism.
- Business Source Complete Includes full-text journals in marketing, management, accounting, finance, economics, etc.; also includes non-journal content
- Communication & Mass Media Complete
- Electronic Journal Center [EJC] Scholarly, multi-disciplinary, full-text database. Searches can be limited to broad subject areas, such as earth sciences, life sciences, and social sciences
- Environment Complete Full text database covering , ecosystem ecology, energy, natural resources, marine & freshwater science, geography, pollution & waste management, environmental technology, environmental law, public policy, social impacts, urban planning, and more
- International Political Science Abstracts
- LexisNexis Full text of national and regional newspapers, broadcast transcripts, international news, some environmental journals, federal and state laws, and more
Selected Government Resources
- U.S. government’s official search engine: "It is a comprehensive, searchable index of about 50 million pages from federal, state, local, territorial, and tribal websites."
- Open CRS (Congressional Research Service Reports)
Listservs are forums for communities centered around topics, disciplines, or professions, where the group communicates through email. When you are subscribed to a listerv, you can post messages to a group of people by sending one email to the list. In turn you will also receive emails that are posted to the list by other members. Listservs are one way to enter into professional conversations with colleagues. They're also a good job-hunting tool, as open positions in a particular field are often posted to listservs.
Here is a sampling of listservs with an environmental focus:
- BIODIV-L: “a mailing list for news and announcements related to Biodiversity and Wildlife policy issues. Postings include biodiversity and wildlife policy news, announcements of workshops/conferences, job listings, and information on new publications and online resources.”
- Colist a discussion list for community organizers hosted by COMM-ORG
- ECN Mailing List environmental communication listserv hosted by ECN
- ECOLOG-L: Listserv of the Ecological Society of America, including news, jobs, grants, and more.
- SANET-MG: “a discussion group about sustainable agriculture, has been in continuous operation since October 1991. SANET is sponsored by the Sustainable Agriculture Network (SAN) to facilitate information exchange.”