Welcome to your Clinical Psychology research home.
Need help with library research? Not sure what resource to use or how to phrase your search questions? Ask for help!
- by using the Ask a Librarian! form
- by telephone 603-283-240
- by visiting the library
Antioch University New England has an on-campus Writing Center, where students can make appointments with writing tutors for assistance. Antioch University also has a Virtual Writing Center, where you can submit papers to get feedback about your writing as well as find access to other resources which can help with all phases of the writing process.
Access restricted to current students, staff, and faculty of Antioch University New England and the Leadership & Change PhD program of Antioch University.
- Counseling and Therapy in Video An online collection of video available for the study of social work, psychotherapy, psychology, and psychiatric counseling, including videos of counseling sessions, demonstrations, lectures, and presentations.
- Psychotherapy.net An online collection of high quality training videos.
- Academic Search Complete Scholarly, multidisciplinary database. Many articles available in full text.
- CINAHL Covers nursing, biomedicine, health sciences librarianship, alternative/complementary medicine, consumer health and 17 allied health disciplines.
- Electronic Journal Center [EJC] Scholarly, multi-disciplinary, full-text database. Searches can be limited to broad subject areas, such as earth sciences, life sciences, and social sciences
- ERIC Appropriate for topics related to school counseling, learning disabilities, and other areas of educational psychology.
- Gender Studies Combines combines Women's Studies International and Men's Studies databases with coverage of sexual diversity issues. Many articles with links to full text.
- GLBT Life Provides indexing and abstracts of the world's literature regarding Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender issues. Many articles with links to full text.
- Medline Comprehensive source of full text for medical journals, providing full text for more than 1,370 journals indexed in MEDLINE.
- Mental Measurements Yearbook Information on psychological tests (author, purpose, reviews). Does not contain actual tests. This is a good place to look for tests/assessment instruments for a particular problem, or to look up information on a test you've read about.
- PsycBOOKS Full text collection of books published by the APA.
- PsycINFO Comprehensive index to literature in psychology. Indexes over two thousand scholarly journals in psychology and related fields. Does not contain full text; does have links to full text in other databases.
- Psychology & Behavioral Sciences CollectionSearchable database of full text journals. Covers over 500 titles. Good for finding full text for a shorter paper. Not comprehensive; only covers one quarter of the information that PsycINFO has, for instance.
- Psychology Journals Collection (ProQuest) Another searchable database of full text journals. Like the Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection referenced above, this is a fairly small database covering only about 400 journals. It does not have the scope and depth of PsycINFO.
- Religion & Philosophy For topics on spirituality and mental health & well being, mindfulness, etc.
- SocIndex Covers all subdisciplines of sociology, including abortion, ethnic & racial studies, gender studies, marriage & family, social psychology, and substance abuse & other addictions. Use this for any topic which spills over into these areas.
- PapersFirst, index of papers presented at conferences
- ProceedingsFirst, index of printed conference proceedings
- PILOTS (Traumatic stress) A bibliographic database covering Published International Literature On Traumatic Stress.
- Psychosocial Measures for Asian-American Populations A list (including abstracts) of tests and measures compiled by the Columbia University School of Social Work.
Books, Audio/Visual, and Other Materials
- Use WorldCat Local to find books and other materials on our shelves as well as in libraries around the world.
- Keene-Link, the combined catalog of Keene Public and Keene State College libraries
- Dissertations and Theses Database (Proquest)
- PsycBOOKS, a full text collection of books published by the American Psychological Association.
The following titles are available as electronic books. Log in required.
Also check out Sage Research Methods Online for more electronic resources on methodology.
Bootzin, R.R., & McKnight, P.E. (2006). Strengthening research methodology: Psychological measurement and evaluation. (1st ed.). Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association.
Cooper, H. M., & Cooper, H. M. (1998). Synthesizing research: a guide for literature reviews. (3rd ed.). Thousand Oaks, Calif.: Sage Publications.
Creswell, J. W. (1998). Qualitative inquiry and research design: choosing among five traditions. Thousand Oaks, Calif.: Sage Publications.
Denzin, N. K., & Lincoln, Y. S. (2003). Collecting and interpreting qualitative materials. (2nd ed.). Thousand Oaks, Calif.: Sage.
Denzin, N. K., & Lincoln, Y. S. (2003). Strategies of qualitative inquiry. (2nd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
Denzin, N. K., & Lincoln, Y. S. (2003). The landscape of qualitative research: theories and issues. (2nd ed.). Thousand Oaks, Calif.: Sage.
Edwards, W., & Newman, J. R. (1982). Multiattribute evaluation. Beverly Hills: Sage Publications.
Fink, A. (1998). Conducting research literature reviews: from paper to the Internet. Thousand Oaks: Sage Publications.
Gliner, J. A., & Morgan, G. A. (2000). Research methods in applied settings: an integrated approach to design and analysis. Mahwah, N.J.: Lawrence Erlbaum.
Greenwood, D. J., & Levin, M. (1998). Introduction to action research: social research for social change. Thousand Oaks: Sage Publications.
Gummesson, E. (2000). Qualitative methods in management research. (2nd ed.). Thousand Oaks, Calif.: Sage.
Kazdin, A.E. (2003). Methodological issues & strategies in clinical research. (3rd ed.). Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association.
Krueger, R. A., & Casey, M. A. (2000). Focus groups: a practical guide for applied research. (3rd ed.). Thousand Oaks, Calif.: Sage Publications.
Menard, S. W. (2002). Longitudinal research. (2nd ed.). Thousand Oaks, Calif.: Sage Publications.
Morgan, G. A., Griego, O. V., & Gloeckner, G. W. (2001). SPSS for Windows: an introduction to use and interpretation in research. Mahwah, N.J.: L. Erlbaum Associates.
Rossi, P. H., Freeman, H. E., & Lipsey, M. W. (1999). Evaluation: a systematic approach. (6th ed.). Thousand Oaks, Calif.: Sage Publications.
Strauss, A. L., & Corbin, J. M. (1998). Basics of qualitative research: techniques and procedures for developing grounded theory. (2nd ed.). Thousand Oaks: Sage Publications.
Selected Government Resources
- U.S. government’s official search engine: "It is a comprehensive, searchable index of about 50 million pages from federal, state, local, territorial, and tribal websites."
- Open CRS (Congressional Research Reports)
Listservs are forums for communities centered around topics, disciplines, or professions, where the group communicates through email. When you are subscribed to a listerv, you can post messages to a group of people by sending one email to the list. In turn you will also receive emails that are posted to the list by other members. Listservs are one way to enter into professional conversations with colleagues. They're also a good job-hunting tool, as open positions in a particular field are often posted to listservs.
- American Association of State Counseling Boards
- Board of Mental Health Counselors and Marriage and Family Therapists (Rhode Island)
- Board of Registration of Allied Mental Health Professions (Massachusetts)
- National Board for Certified Counselors and Associates
- Office of Licensing and Registration (Maine)
- Office of Professional Regulation (Vermont)
- Other state licensing information
- Psychology Licensing Requirements in NH
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Art Therapy Association
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- American Counseling Association
- American Dance Therapy Association
- American Mental Health Counselors Association
- American Music Therapy Association
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- American Psychological Society (APS)
- American School Counselor Organization
- American Society of Group Psychotherapy and Psychodrama
- APA Division of Psychopharmacology and Substance Abuse
- Association for Multicultural Counseling & Development
- Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers (APPIC)
- Connecticut Counseling Association
- Massachusetts Mental Health Counselors Association
- National Association for Drama Therapy
- National Association for Poetry Therapy
- New England Psychological Association
- New Hampshire Mental Health Counselors Association
- New York Mental Health Counselors Association
- Obsessive Compulsive Foundation
- Society for Industrial & Organizational Psychology
- Vermont Mental Health Counselors Association