(Access is restricted to current students, staff, and faculty of Antioch University New England and the Leadership & Change PhD program of Antioch University.) Learn more about doing research.
- Business Source Complete Index, abstracts, and full text covering scholarly business journals on management, economics, finance, accounting, international business and much more.
- ERIC Major education index for topics such as career counseling, career education, occupational testing, job placement, career development, career choice, career awareness, etc.
- PsycINFO Major psychology index; use for topics such as occupational aspirations, vocational maturity, career choice, and more.
- Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection Searchable database of full text journals. Covers over 500 titles. Good for finding full text for a shorter paper. NOT comprehensive…only covers one quarter of the information that PsycINFO has, for instance. This database is not comprehensive and shouldn’t be the only resource consulted for in-depth projects or complete literature reviews.
- Psychology Journals Collection (ProQuest) Another searchable database of full text journals. Like the Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection referenced above, this is a fairly small database covering only about 400 journals. It can be an excellent resource for limited amounts of information and current articles on a particular topic. However, it does not have the scope and depth of PsycINFO and should be used as one research tool for most projects, not the only one!
- Vocational and Career CollectionDesigned to meet vocational and technical research needs. The collection provides indexing, abstracts, and full text for 350 trade and industry related periodicals.
- Complete list of databases available through AUNE Library
- Ask a Librarian! for research assistance.
This is a select list of books on the topic in AUNE Library. Check availability for these books by looking up the titles in WorldCat Local.
- Applying career development theory to counseling
- Career choice and development
- Career counseling: a holistic approach
- Career counseling in schools: multicultural and developmental perspectives
- Career development and counseling: putting theory and research to work[Reference collection]
- Diversity & women’s career development: from adolescence to adulthood
- Encyclopedia of career development [Reference collection]
- Making vocational choices: a theory of vocational personalities and work environments
- The psychology of working: a new perspective for career development, counseling, and public policy
- Theories of career development
- Treatment planning in career counseling
Questions? Ask your Librarian!
The full text of the following journals can be found online. Use an index like PsycINFO to search for specific article titles from these and other journals. Access these journals directly by title from our Journals A-Z List.
- Career Development for Exceptional Individuals
- Career Development International
- Career Development Quarterly
- Career World
- Careers & Colleges
- Journal of Career Assessment
- Journal of Career Development
- Journal of Vocational Behavior
- Occupational Psychology
- Vocational Education Journal
Questions? Ask your Librarian!