Patrons of AUNE Library have access to a couple of really great databases of streaming video. Check them out!
Counseling & Therapy in Video is an online collection of video available for the study of social work, psychotherapy, psychology, and psychiatric counseling. Videos include filmed footage of actual therapy sessions, re-enacted therapy sessions, and scripted sessions designed by counseling professionals to illustrate common issues and scenarios that arise during courses of therapy. Each video is accompanied by a transcript.
Digital Resource Commons has full-length educational videos covering a wide variety of subjects.
Check out these excellent sites which offer a wide variety of free content:
- Annenberg Media/Learner.org Multimedia for classroom teachers.
- ARKive: Images of Life on Earth “The ultimate multimedia guide to the world’s endangered species.”
- FedFlix “[M]ovies of the United States government, from training films to history, from our national parks to the U.S. Fire Academy and the Postal Inspectors. . . .”
- Open Video Project Hundreds of videos…documentary, educational, historical, more.
- PBS Many familiar PBS programs available to watch online: American Experience, Nova, Nature, and more.
- Sci talks “Smart people on cool topics.”
- TeacherTube “…an online community for sharing instructional videos.”
- TED “Riveting talks by remarkable people, free to the world.”