If you need to find articles on a particular subject
- Use an index to literature in your subject area. (Horace, our online catalog, is not an index to articles. Do not go to Horace to find specific journal articles.) These indexes are also known as research databases. Using an index can result in a list of articles (as well as other types of documents) about your topic from many different publications. Indexes provide access to a large number of articles in magazines, journals, newspapers, etc. — more than just what is owned by AUNE Library.
- See Research Tips for more information on starting your research.
- See Research Guides by Subject for suggested databases in your subject area.
Finding the full text of articles
You may know the name of a journal article and need to find the full text. Or you may simply want to know if the library subscribes to a particular journal. To find out if the AUNE Library subscribes to a journal, use the Journals A-Z List (link from the left-hand side of any library webpage). The AUNE Library provides access to over 11,000 journals in paper, microfiche, and online formats through paid subscriptions. Any one journal title may have different volumes available in any or all of these formats.
- At the search screen type in the name of the journal you are looking for and click “search.”
- If your journal is available through the library, you will see a list that may include print, microfiche, or online formats and will also include the years of publication which are covered. For online material, the list will tell you the database(s) the journal is in and what years are available.
- Journals can be available in more than one database. Check to see which database has the year you need.
- Click on the link to the database which has the journal.
- If you can’t find the journal, request the particular article you need using the online Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery form. The library’s document delivery staff will obtain your requested item from another library and will, most often, deliver it to you electronically as a PDF document.
- Journal articles in online databases are available by password to current students, staff, and faculty of Antioch University New England and the Leadership & Change PhD program of Antioch University.
Still need help? Ask a librarian!