Dissertations and theses can be valuable research tools. They should be included in a thorough review of literature on a particular topic. Also, a dissertation’s bibliography can be an excellent source of further references to consult. Contact your reference librarian for more information on locating dissertations and theses.
AUNE Dissertations and Theses
AUNE Library maintains a print collection of dissertations and theses written by students in our Dance/Movement Therapy, Clinical Psychology, and Environmental Studies programs. They are shelved alphabetically by author in sections by department. These items can be identified through our online catalog and may be checked out.
Recent AUNE Environmental Studies (from 2006 on) and Clinical Psychology (from 2011 on) dissertations can also be accessed online in the OhioLINK Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETD) Center, a free online database of masters’ theses and doctoral dissertations from graduate students in participating Ohio colleges and universities. Dissertations by doctoral candidates in AU’s university-wide Leadership & Change program are also available in the OhioLINK ETD Center.
Dissertations and Theses from other Universities
Proquest/UMI Dissertations and Theses Database: AUNE Library subscribes to ProQuest’s online Dissertations and Theses Database. This database combines the familiar Dissertation Abstracts with a collection of full-text dissertations.
- Find citations for dissertations dating from 1861.
- The full text of dissertations written since 1997 is available in PDF digital format.If the full-text is not available, you can request dissertations using our online Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery form.
- Each dissertation published since July 1980 includes a 350-word abstract written by the author.
- Master’s theses published since 1988 include 150-word abstracts.
- 24-page previews for many titles are provided as well.
- The database is searchable by keyword, author, title, subject, school, or advisor. Citations and abstracts can be saved, printed, or emailed.