Circulation policies are subject to change. Contact the Library by email or by phone at 603.283.2400 with any questions regarding circulation polices.
CURRENT STAFF AND FACULTY, AND MATRICULATED STUDENTS
- Loan periods
- Books and dissertations may be borrowed for a period of 12 weeks with no renewal.
- AV equipment may be borrowed for either 3-days or 7-days and must be returned on or before the due date.
- DVDs may be borrowed for one week and may be renewed twice.
- Loan periods for Interlibrary Loan and reserve materials vary.
- Reference books and print journals are for in-library use only.
- Patrons may have a total of 25 items checked out at a time.
- Patrons are responsible for returning items (books, digital media, laptops, and other circulating equipment) to the library on or before the due date.
- Fines and Fees
- The Library reserves the right to charge replacement and processing fees for lost or damaged items (including books, digital media, laptops, and all other circulating equipment).
- Patrons may not furnish replacements for lost or damaged items (including books, digital media, laptops, and other circulating equipment).
- Patrons with overdue materials or unpaid fines may be denied access to further library services.
- After due process, all unpaid fines and other charges will be turned over to the appropriate department for collection. Once this action is taken, library privileges will be suspended until payment is received.
- The provision of enrollment or other academic services (such as transcripts, diplomas, registration for future terms) to students with outstanding library charges may be affected.
- Requesting books
- Patrons may request that book/s (or videos or DVDs) on the shelf and available for check-out be put aside and held for them. Use the InterLibrary Loan form to request items.
- Patrons who do not come to campus regularly may use the Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery form to request that material available for check-out be mailed to them. (Make a separate request for each item when requesting more than one.)
- Patrons who need a book which is currently checked out may request a copy using the Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery form.
- Interlibrary Loan materials
- Loan periods for Interlibrary Loan items are determined by the lending institution.
- Renewals of Interlibrary Loan items are negotiated on a case-by-case basis.
- Interlibrary Loan requests will not be processed for patrons with any overdue Interlibrary Loan materials.
- Failure to comply with Interlibrary Loan policies may result in suspension of library privileges.
- Reserve materials
- Reserve items circulate according to the faculty member’s instructions.
- Reserve items not returned by the specified time are fined at $1.00 per day for materials on one-week reserve, or $.50 per hour for hourly reserves.
- Laptops, handhelds and all AV equipment
- AUNE Library has a limited number of laptop computers available for use by current students, staff, and faculty. Laptops, handheld devices and other AV equipment, are intended for short term AUNE work or education related use. In order to offer availability to all community members, circulation periods on this equipment may be limited. Consecutive or consistent use of equipment by one patron may be questioned. Special requests for extended equipment use will be honored when possible.
- Reciprocal Privileges with Keene Public Library (KPL) and Mason Library at Keene State College
- AUNE faculty and students may borrow from Keene Public Library and Mason Library upon presentation of a current AUNE ID card.
- AUNE patrons who borrow from either of these libraries are subject to the fines & fees imposed by that library for overdue, lost, or damaged materials.
- Any fines and fees may be collected by either the lending library or AUNE Library.
- AUNE Library will apply the same fines & fees policies to KPL and Mason Library items as it would to AUNE Library items.
- Contact the AUNE Library circulation desk for further information about borrowing privileges at these libraries.
Alumni of Antioch University New England may check out material from the library, including books, videos, CDs, and DVDs. There is a limit of 10 items. Items may be borrowed for 35 days, with the option to renew twice. Alumni do not have access to ILL/We Deliver and may not check out audiovisual equipment. Contact the Circulation Desk (603-283-2400)
Special patrons of AUNE Library (those not matriculated in a degree or certificate program) may check out up to fifteen items. Special patrons, including those auditing courses, are not authorized to borrow AV equipment.