Conservation Begins Here.
The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America's #1 conservation service organization seeks a Youth Program Coordinator based out of our Houston, TX office.
Plan, organize, deliver and oversee SCA environmental conservation youth/teen programs in Texas. Recruit and place youth and young adults in a variety of programs each year; work with partner organizations to plan service projects and work crews; hire, train and supervise crew leaders and other staff as needed; implement safety protocols; maintain all related documents/files; complete program evaluations and reporting.
The position will be primarily based in an office environment with some field-based activities, and will involve weekday, evenings and some weekend activities and duties.
• Bachelor's degree with 2 years of job-related experience or 5 or more years of relevant experience.
• 2+ years of experience working with youth and young adults; a specific focus of working with urban youth from low-income backgrounds, preferred.
• 2+ years of program coordination along with experience in environmental/outdoor program leadership or environmental education
• Demonstrated skill and experience in developing curriculum as well as evaluation tools
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Knowledge and experience of Microsoft office
• Supervisory and/or budget experience a plus
• Must have access to cell phone for business purposes
• Houston resident or significant knowledge of area strongly preferred
• Current Wilderness First Aid and CPR certification required or willing to obtain upon hire
• Valid driver's license and MVR that meets SCA standards required; ability to drive 8-passenger vans and other vehicles as required
• Ability to meet SCA's criminal background check standards
Health and Dental - Basic Life Insurance - Short Term Disability - Long Term Disability - Flexible Spending Account - 403(b) Savings Plan - Generous Paid Time Off - Community Service Leave - Casual Dress
Please visit www.thesca.org/employment for a detailed description including information on how to apply
SCA is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org
Principles Only. No Phone Calls Please