Reports to: Site Manager
Status: Independent contractual term from October 2013 to June 2014
Hours: 2:00pm to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
About The Fishing School:Founded in 1990 by former DC police officer Tom Lewis, The Fishing School (TFS) is a youth development organization serving youth and their families in under-served communities of Washington, DC.
TFS has afterschool and summer camp programs for over 400 students, both in schools and through our community-based locations.
Our programs serve children in grades 1 to 5 and focus on academics, life skills, and parent engagement. The Fishing School supports academics through daily homework help, online tutoring and targeted instruction. We extend learning through arts and science-based projects and lead participants through life skills and wellness activities. We also engage parents so that they can better support the academic success of their children. For more information, please visitwww.fishingschool.org.
- Providing homework help and implementing our on-line curriculum.
- Facilitating completion of theme-based arts and science projects and special events.
- Maintaining a daily schedule, classroom rules and record-keeping.
- Assisting students to develop character and lifeskills.
- Being a positive role model at all times.
- Communicating regularly with Site Managers.
- Participating in weekly instructor meetings and professional development as scheduled.
- Participating in special events as scheduled.
How to apply
Interested applicants must submit their current resume, a cover letter that outlines the importance of working with students in the District, a writing sample, and a salary history for your last three positions email@example.com. The Fishing School will not consider incomplete applications.
4737 Meade Street, NE, Washington, DC, 20019, US