POSITION: YOUTH CASE WORKER/ YOUTH PROGRAM MANAGER
1 FTE TO BE HIRED FOR PROPOSED PROJECT
SALARY RANGE: NEGOTIABLE
• Must be 25 years old or older
• Must have experience working with high risk youth and HIV/AIDS.
• MSW degree required or equivalent , public health, psychology, social work, or other related educational background.
• 3-5 years experience running a youth program, camp program/camp administration, and as a youth case manager.
• Demonstrates ability to coordinate continuity of care of youth-often serving as a liason between the youth's family, and healthcare organizations.
• Ability to supervise program staff/volunteers and youth.
• Ability to meet the public and knowledge of media relations.
• Demonstrates experience in conflict mediation and crisis management skills.
• Excellent attention to detail, ability to plan, organize, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Good leadership and communication skills.
• Computer skills desired and necessary.
• Ability to work independently, as well as in a team setting.
• Must have a car and auto insurance-ability to travel locally and provide occasional transportation.
• Must be able to pass criminal background check, provide references and negative TB test results.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Agency's Executive Director, Director of Client Services and Board of Directors
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITY: Carries a caseload of 20-30 youth, provide mental health counseling, coordinate, supervise and implement youth programs for HIV/AIDS youth and their families. Establishes and maintains a positive professional manner with staff, children, parents, visitors, etc., at all times
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: Manages a caseload of 20-30 youth/young adults.Oversees Camp Sunburst, Co-ordinates The One Love Conference, and will be spearheading a new Sunburst Mentorship Program.
CASE MANAGEMENT (Year Round)
• Oversee 20-30 youth cases
• Develops treatment plans-provides clinical counseling interventions
• Work as a team member with social workers at Sacramento Office
• Comply with all Ryan White regulations and policies
• Attend monthly Young Adult Health Transitional Clinic at UC Davis
• Meet with teachers, parents and community member as necessary
CAMP SUNBURST (Summer):
• Plan and direct a one week-long residential summer camp experience for youth ages 6-18 years living with HIV/AIDS.
• Ongoing volunteer recruitment outreach.
• Implement camp goals as defined by agency and define and help plan programs to reflect camp goals and objectives.
• Help provide an atmosphere for developing good morale and well being among camp community.
• Prepare camp program activity schedule and other pre-camp lists e.g. (camper/volunteer assignments, cabin assignments, guest lists, travel/transportation lists)
and procedures for camp operation.
• Prepare and help conduct in-service volunteers training and prepare final training schedule and information needed for training packets.
• Order or supervise the ordering of camp supplies and arrange for proper program distribution.
• Camper reception: assist in ensuring that children and parents get settled and oriented to sleeping facilities.
• Assign staff activities and other responsibilities.
• Assign staff and campers to cabins.
• Assist in coordinating and implementing all cleaning responsibilities on a daily basis and after the end of camp session.
• Ensure that all campers and volunteer staff are maintaining necessary medical care and checking in with Club Med at appropriate times. Liaison
between Club Med and campers/volunteers as necessary.
• Conduct all camp staff/volunteer meetings.
• Define and monitor crisis management plan, including emergency procedures.
• Organize and/or approve trips offsite for program supplies and crisis management.
• Monitor safety and all procedures as they pertain to the complete supervision of all campers and staff.
• Assist in evaluating the entire camp operation with suggestions for following season.
ONE LOVE CONFERENCE (Summer)
• Plan and implement 4-5 day Conference for young adults living with HIV (ages 17-25)
• Recruit Youth Task Force and run planning session with them
• Create schedules, conference programs, applications
• Recruit young adult participants and manage youth applications/transportation.
• Recruit guest speakers
• Reserve and mange relationship with Conference site (University or college campus)
• Recruit and train volunteer staff.
• Oversee Conference
• Conduct Conference evaluations and write up report
SUNBURST PEER MENTORSHIP PROGRAM (Year Round)
• Design, plan and implement mentorship program for HIV+ youth (14-24 years) in Northern California.
• Recruit, train and supervise adult mentors
• Recruit youth mentees
• Work with Service Providers
• Manage mentorship relationships and provide ongoing support and resources.
• Conduct evaluations
The Youth Program Manager may be asked to help with additional events through out the year such as the National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, Christmas Party, and other fundraiser
How to apply
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com