The Web Editor is responsible for ensuring that our consumer and media websites are up to date, and is responsible for drafting and then implementing the creative content for our social media channels, as well as our consumer email program.
– Manage our ecommerce site (ChelseaGreen.com), keeping book data up to date and highlighting major media hits.
– Plan and compose postings for the ChelseaGreen.com front page.
– Report website problems promptly, assist Online Marketing Manager and developers to resolve quickly
– Track and respond to social media statistics to ensure high quality, and high levels of interaction on all platforms.
– Draft the list of books to promote, collect links and image URLs, as needed.
– Monitor emerging, and existing, trends and best practices in SEO, social media and other online marketing strategies.
– Work with the Online Marketing Manager to develop strategies to grow our online marketing outreach through our direct email program, website, social media, and more.
Position Details: Full-time salaried position, based in Burlington, Vermont. Spends one day a week in the White River Junction, Vermont office.
Reports to: Communications Director
Qualifications: This is a position for someone with a demonstrated interest in online publishing and marketing and an interest in our company mission. The qualified candidate will be able to work within a team environment as well as work independently, and be responsible for tracking and monitoring their goals and objectives. One to two years experience multimedia publishing helpful. Must have: strong communication, writing, and interpersonal skills; ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; Bachelor’s degree; strong computer skills and proficiency in Word and Excel; comfort with using Google Analytics and other online tracking software; proficiency in social media, and comfortable with administrative tasks. HTML and other multimedia experience is helpful, as is being familiar with Adobe Creative Suite ; PhotoShop Dreamweaver, InDesign and Acrobat.
About Us: For almost 30 years, Chelsea Green has been the go-to publisher for people seeking foundational books on the politics and practice of sustainable living, including organic gardening and agriculture, renewable energy, green building, eco-cuisine, and ethical business. In 2012, we decided to practice what we publish and became employee-owned. We are a founding member of the Green Press Initiative and have been printing books on recycled paper since 1985, when our first list of books went on sale. We print our books on paper that consists of a minimum of 30 percent post-consumer waste and aim for 100 percent whenever possible. We also don’t print our books overseas, but rather use domestic printers to keep our shipping costs (and impact on the environment) at a minimum.
If you’re interested, please send resume and cover letter to Communications Director Shay Totten: email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.
Shay Totten, Communications Director