Take Steps Walk Manager – Oklahoma
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
This position will implement, coordinate, and manage cost-effective walk events to assist the local business unit attain its financial goals. This is a sales position where the majority of performance is based on results of volunteer development and aggressive revenue generation. This position solicits, trains, and manages an effective volunteer base of community leaders, corporate partners, and medical leaders to raise awareness and meet the financial goals through corporate sponsorship and teams, family/ friends teams, and individuals.
- Recruit, orient, train, and monitor performance of volunteers to organize events that meet or exceed the fundraising goals. Develop a successful business plan using the organizations core business tactics to reach this goal.
- Identify and grow prospects for all revenue streams and to increase CCFA’s visibility and awareness.
- Conduct sales calls to generate new business and manage existing teams and partnerships.
- Goal setting with companies and individuals to raise funds and awareness.
- Work with media to secure local media sponsorship and publicize mission/events to reach fundraising goals and heighten public awareness,
- Manage and provide leadership to volunteer committees to ensure that committee members are fully supported and accomplish tasks required for successful event. Recognize, reward, and motivate successful volunteers to ensure ongoing commitment.
- Event management and logistics
- Prepare and maintain accurate records/data to evaluate cost-effectiveness, profitability, and public awareness of events and/or mission/program activities. This may include preparing income/expense budgets, compilation/analysis of event statistics, evaluation of media coverage, external scan of community fundraising potential, etc.
- BA or BS degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of prior related work experience, preferably in sales event fundraising in a not-for-profit setting.
- Should be able to demonstrate successful fund raising experience including knowledge of sales best practices and current trends.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills required; ability to cold call, grow local contacts and build and nurture effective business relationships to increase CCFA’s visibility, brand awareness, volunteers, and revenue.
- Detail oriented, organized and demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Must successfully complete a credit and criminal background check.
- Must be able and willing to travel extensively throughout assigned geographic area and to work evenings early mornings and weekends, as necessary.
How to apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to National Walk Manager, Tracy Wilbanksat firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Walk Manager- Oklahoma” in the subject line. CCFA is an EOE.