The Vocational Services Manager is responsible for oversight and leadership of the Longview Work Opportunity Center which provides direct delivery of vocational services to people with disabilities and other barriers to employment. The ideal candidate is
an inspirational leader who develops and maintains high standards of excellence, has demonstrated success in budget management, and has supervised teams of 5 or more employees in a non-profit workforce development environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directs activities of workforce development programs and staff; oversees employment and vocational evaluations, job training, skill enhancement, placement services, and support services.
- Monitors and ensures participants served and placement goals for location.
- Assures timely completion of required reports to appropriate individuals and/or agencies.
- Maintains contract compliance with county and state agencies.
- Projects and manages department budget and employee payroll.
- Promotes and markets Goodwill's vocational programs and services to the community.
- Develops and implements a strategic marketing plan for all location programs and services.
- Conducts activities that ensure vocational program profitability, quality, participant satisfaction, and financial growth.
- Acts as liaison to parents, guardians and caregivers of employees who have a disability.
- Develops goals and objectives that increase and diversify funding sources through grants, new contract services, and/or other appropriate sources.
- Maintains all vocational standards required to meet local, state, federal regulations that assure continued vocational accreditation requirements, including CARF.
- Develops/completes labor market surveys and community needs assessments.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises all Longview branch workforce development staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Tacoma Goodwill's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree in human
services or related field required, Master's degree preferred; experience in
interviewing techniques, caseload management, and deliver of
social/rehabilitation program is preferred. At least 3 years of successful
supervisor/management experience, preferably managing a team of 5+.w
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to community inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Mathematical Skills: Requires ability to maintain financial records regarding budget and client fee billing.
Computer Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access and ability to use e-mail and other computer communications programs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: A valid Washington State driver's license and proof of insurance is required; must become First Aid/CPR/HIV certified as determined by Goodwill HR policies.
Physical Demands: Sits at desk to process paperwork. Travels to other agencies, to other Goodwill locations and throughout community while conducting workforce development activities.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory results of a drug screening and criminal history background check.
This organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a service that verifies authorization to work in the U.S. through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Department of Social Security (SSA). For further information on E-Verify contact DHS at 1-888-464-4218.
At Goodwill, we welcome people with diverse backgrounds, including persons with disabilities or other disadvantages. In fact a substantial portion of our employees have a disability and/or economic disadvantage and we strongly encourage such persons to apply.
How to apply
Becoming a Member of our Team:To be considered for this opportunity, submit a letter of interest outlining your qualifications for the position and a resume by applying online athttps://apply.hrmdirect.com/resumedirect/ApplyOnline/Apply.aspx?req_id=enc-15.940680552579406&source=150195-CS-5449
1030-15th Avenue, Longview, WA, 98632, US