Scion Executive Search (www.scionexecutivesearch.com) has been retained to conduct the search for a Vice President of Development for our client, a nonprofit organization on the Peninsula, south of San Francisco, CA.
This key role is a part of the executive team, and will foster strategic relationships and partnerships to align this nonprofit with potential growth opportunities in alliances, corporate partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, and with key community influencers. We are seeking strategic influencers and thinkers with a hybrid background of corporate and nonprofit development experience who can bring a rich network of community alliances. This position will oversee both the development and marketing teams to meet strategic goals and will be responsible for increasing engagement with existing donors/contributors and building additional networks of support.
- Ten years of experience in key management/leadership roles with a track record of success
- Masters level education preferred, BA/BS required
- Excellent Management skills with experience in corporate partnerships and nonprofit development
- Hands-on experience building and managing marketing or fund raising programs like direct mail, email, and social media—not just management experience
- Superior speaking and writing skills
- Strategic planning experience
- Excellent manager able to mentor and empower team members, both direct-reports and others
- Demonstrated and documented success
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds including staff, consultants, board members, foundation staff, donors, business leaders, etc.
SALARY & BENEFITS
This position offers a wonderful working environment and a competitive starting base salary of up to $150k, (depending on experience,) plus a very competitive benefits package.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY
For immediate consideration please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Scion Executive Search via email to email@example.com.
ABOUT OUR SEARCH FIRM
Scion Executive Search is an executive search firm connecting executive nonprofit leadership to nonprofit organizations and foundations across the country. Cultivated in the nonprofit sector, we provide expert search strategies and leadership for your organization. Our executive candidates are true agents for change, and we are experts at matching their talents, motivations, and passions to your organization's mission. Scion Executive Search has led hundreds of successful executive searches. Information about our firm and successes can be found online at www.nonprofitexecutivesearchfirm.com.
Scion Executive Search
576 Sacramento St. 2nd Floor, Redwood City, California, 94065, United States