Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Program Manager plans, organizes, develops and directs the Veterans' Workforce Development Program under the Workforce Investment Program Grant and the Veterans' Employment-Related Assistance Program Grant, in addition to the Security Sector Initiative Program.
The Program Director will be part of a team responsible for administering and coordinating the Veterans' Training Program, Security Sector Initiative Program, various other Workforce Investment Act (WIA) services, and other funded initiatives if needed.
This staff member is also responsible for promoting partnerships with local government agencies, businesses, industry, labor, educational institutions including the community colleges, as well as faith-based and community-based organizations on behalf of CCD. These efforts may include grant writing, fund development, data collection and management. This position may also include supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for ensuring that the agency meets all program goals as prescribed by the funding source(s);
- Collaboration with local educational institutions to develop appropriate training programs;
- Monitors program operations to ensure that processes and procedures utilized promote an efficient and professional work environment within the organization;
- Participation in professional conferences and meeting representing the organization;
- Outreach to businesses and assessment of employer hiring needs;
- Implementation and oversight of the DOL Veterans' Workforce Investment Program grant and Security Sector Initiative Program;
- Provides assistance and guidance to jobseekers as needed;
- Identifies job opportunities and develops career ladder opportunities;
- Acts a liaison between the employer and jobseeker;
- Conducts outreach / recruitment activities;
- Case manage participants enrolled in the Veterans' Workforce Investment Program and Security Sector Initiative Program;
- Maintains accurate documentation according to funding guidelines;
- Provides full support to the Management Team. Assists the Executive Director and the Management Team in the Strategic Planning Process;
- Follows labor market trends to identify high-growth industries;
- Seeks grants and other funding. Writes grant proposals;
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; and five (5) years related experience.
- Experience working with Veteran populations preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
- Excellent communication skills are required, both verbal and written.
All position assignments are subject to performance evaluation, funding source availability, and agency needs.
How to apply
Applicant(s) forward cover letter and resume to Mary Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org) with "VETERANS DIRECTOR" in the subject field.