Project MORE, a University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) Center for Literacy AmeriCorps program supports adult education services for Head Start families throughout Chicago. Members collaborate with staff to provide basic education, financial literacy, employment readiness, and volunteer support programs.
Project MORE AmeriCorps members are assigned to Center for Literacy program sites where they receive on-going training to prepare and support them in one of the following service activities:
- Tutor GED or English as a Second Language (ESL) Adult Students
- Facilitate financial literacy and employment readiness workshops
- Recruit and support community volunteers
- Promote Center for Literacy parent education and resource
Schedule: Full time members serve 40 hours per week for 11 months from September to July.
- Knowing you can make a difference through community service
- Extensive Training
- $900/month living allowance
- $5,550 education award
- Loan forbearance
How to apply
For more information
Please email email@example.com or call 312-355-4227 to register for an AmeriCorps information session. You can make a difference!