About the Organization:
The Center for Youth Wellness is part of a national effort to revolutionize pediatric medicine and transform the way society responds to kids exposed to adverse childhood experiences and toxic stress.
Led by founder and CEO, Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, we are a health organization within a pediatric home that serves children and families in the Bayview Hunters Point neighborhood of San Francisco. We were created to respond to an urgent public health issue: early adversity harms the developing brains and bodies of children.
We screen every young person we see for Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) that we know can lead to toxic stress and lifelong problems with health, wellness and learning. We heal children’s brains and bodies by piloting treatments for toxic stress and sharing our findings nationally. We prevent toxic stress by raising awareness among those who can make a difference: from parents and pediatricians to policymakers.
RELEVANCE OF THE POSITION
The Center for Youth Wellness (CYW) seeks an experienced Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (“Clinician”) to do trauma-informed assessment, consultation, and psychotherapy for children, adolescents, and caregivers as part of the CYW mental health team. The clinician works closely with the Bayview Child Health Center (BCHC) medical team and CYW mental health and health and wellness teams to provide mental health services to CYW clients and consultation to BCHC physicians and staff. The clinician will report to the Director of Clinical Programs. This position requires a Spanish speaking clinician.
1. Provide short and long-term, trauma-informed therapies (i.e. TF-CBT, CCT, CPP, Family, Individual Child and Adolescent, and groups).
2. Attend Multi-disciplinary Rounds and Clinical Triage Meetings to provide triage and consultation to BCHC and CYW staff.
3. Collaborate with CYW wellness coordinators and BCHC staff to provide excellent quality of care.
4. When necessary, provide home and school-based intervention.
5. Where appropriate, participate in community outreach, education and training efforts as needed to make the community aware of CYW services and build partnerships within the community.
6. Provide staff and community trainings as needed to develop and consolidate CYW’s ability to deliver trauma informed care.
7. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Clinical Programs.
- Familiarity with trauma and its effects on children and adults
- Knowledge of relevant systems of care and resources in San Francisco
- Familiarity with motivational interviewing
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required
- Knowledge of evidenced based group and individual psychotherapy interventions for trauma
- Knowledge of assessment
- Knowledge of research design and implementation
- Knowledge of trauma-informed practices and the components of trauma-informed systems of care.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing, across all levels of the organization
- Ability to meet deadlines; strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage a multi-disciplinary team of providers
- Ability to conduct home and school based visits
- Ability to manage and resolve crises at multiple levels
- Demonstrated understanding of professional ethics, service integrity and HIPAA compliance
- Ability to contribute to team meetings regarding patient care
- Ability to track data regarding performance and outcomes
- Ability to utilize data for continuous improvement for patient/family outcomes and organizational results
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, service and mission-driven environment
- Ability to be creative and flexible in day-to-day work
Required licenses and/or credentials:
- LCSW, with an active license in California in good standing
- L-MFT with an active license in California in good standing
Reports to: The Therapist reports to The Director of Clinical Programs.
This is a 1.0 FTE position. Salary based on experience and qualifications.
Please provide your salary expectations.
How to apply
How to apply: To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Therapist” in the subject line.No phone calls please.
3450 Third Street, Bldg #2A, Suite 201, San Francisco, CA, 94124, US