St. Athanasius School, a Partnership Network Catholic School located in the Bronx, NY, is seeking an innovative and qualified Middle School teacher to join the faculty at our school for ten weeks. The ideal candidate is a hardworking and enthusiastic teaching professional with excellent subject knowledge and an understanding of the Common Core Standards for Math and Science.
SAS serves more than 300 Pre K through 8th grade children who live primarily in the surrounding community. The faculty strives to offer an academic program that stresses mastery of basic skills in reading, writing, mathematics, history, science, and social studies. In addition, SAS offers extensive extracurricular and after-school programming to ensure a well-rounded learning experience. SAS is a true oasis for its children, offering them a safe and nurturing learning environment.
The position will involve teaching students in grades 7 and 8. The applicant will be a motivated individual with a keen interest in encouraging and inspiring students to love learning and excel in math and science.
- A thorough and current knowledge of teaching, learning and behavior management strategies and how to implement them effectively in the classroom.
- A thorough understanding of the Common Core and its specific Math and Science requirements to prepare 7th and 8th grade students for the New York State math exams.
- Knowledge of computer software relevant to the curriculum
- Establish and follow classroom routines consistently.
- Manage an urban classroom using discipline, structure, appropriate incentives, and high expectations to achieve measurable academic success.
- Collaborate with colleagues to share best practices and ensure student mastery of standards.
- Maintain close relationships with families, including phone calls and conferences.
- The selected candidate will be in charge of 8th Grade homeroom and will teach the New York State Social Studies curriculum. Ideally, the candidate will teach the Archdiocesan Religion Curriculum as well.
- Confident in teaching middle school math.
- Familiar with Common Core requirements for 7th and 8th Grade Math and Science.
- B.A. or B.S. required.
- Two years of teaching experience desired.
- Outstanding instructional skills, including the ability to motivate and challenge a diverse population of students.
- Willingness and ability to integrate technology into the curriculum.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and practice in interdisciplinary instruction (where appropriate to the program).
- A strong sense of personal accountability for student achievement.
- A belief that all students can learn at a high level and should be held to high academic standards.
- The ability to communicate effectively with parents.
- The ability to work effectively with colleagues as a positive, professional member of a team.
How to apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to Marianne Kraft, Principal via email: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
830 Southern Blvd, Bronx, NY, 10459, US