The Public Interest Network is seeking a Web Organizer for our in-house communications team, known as Public Interest GRFX. Based in Philadelphia or Boston, the Web Organizer will help develop and execute cutting-edge online strategies for a national network of non-profit social change organizations. The Web Organizer works closely with such groups as U.S. PIRG, Environment America, Green Corps and other members of the Public Interest Network. Our job: to help these organizations engage the public, win hearts and minds, raise funds and organize grassroots action to win positive social change.
Philadelphia, PA or Boston, MA
The Web Organizer works in a dynamic partnership with our Web Developer and Creative Director to build, maintain and increase the impact of our large network of websites. You help our clients establish and implement the online best practices and breakthroughs that raise more money, increase visibility and attract more supporters and volunteers.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
• Experience volunteering or working for an issue or cause you feel passionate about.
• Strong strategic, analytical and creative thinking skills.
• Web savvy and a strong interest in email, the web and social media as tools for social change.
• Ability to define goals, create a plan to achieve those goals, and measure progress toward those goals.
• Ability to drive your own independent projects and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Attention to budgets, deadlines and goals.
• A desire to receive direct feedback on performance and to provide feedback and recommendations to the larger team.
This is not a typical 9-to-5 job. Expect to work hard to meet important deadlines that will make or break campaigns. You should be eager to build your skills and take on more responsibility.
Training Program:We will supply extensive, hands-on training, including the following:
• A 2-day orientation when you start.
• A 2-week hands-on introductory training.
• 3-day team-wide trainings twice a year.
• Opportunities throughout the year to cross-train with the rest of our network’s staff.
• Opportunities for advanced training on technical aspects of the job.
• Ongoing training through interaction with and feedback from your staff director and others.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary for this position is commensurate with relevant professional experience. A competitive benefits package includes optional health care coverage, educational loan assistance, a retirement plan, and paid vacation and sick days. Opportunities for advancement, travel and additional training are available.
To apply, please complete the online application athttp://publicinterestnetwork.org/page/pin/apply. We’ll carefully consider your application and if we think you’re a good fit, we will be in touch.
Contact Jenne Turner at 215-985-1113 ext. 4# email@example.com
More about The Public Interest Network:The Public Interest Network is a family of more than a dozen organizations that engage in advocacy and grassroots organizing to win positive changes for our environment and our society. Right now, for example, our organizations are tackling clean energy and global warming, healthy food and sustainable agriculture, Wall Street reform and health care reform, among other issues.
215-985-1113 ext. 4#