Harlem RBI, an award winning sports-based youth development program, is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as a Program Coordinator for the Team Enrichment program. The Program Coordinator will act as a case manager for approximately 36 high school youth in Harlem RBI's Team Enrichment Program. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for fostering and tracking youth progress towards defined program outcomes.
Like all Harlem RBI employees, the Team Enrichment Program Coordinator should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of Harlem RBI and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Come join an organization that was recently recognized as one of the "50 Best Non-Profits to Work For" by The Nonprofit Times and as the winner of the Nonprofit Excellence Award – Silver Prize for Overall Management Excellence by the Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and support youth progress towards program outcomes;
- Conduct regular case management check-ins with youth, monitoring and supporting progress towards program outcomes;
- Design and implement individualized intervention plans for youth struggling to meet program outcomes or who require additional enrichment opportunities;
- Develop relationships and collaborate with teachers and other school personnel at partner schools to aid youth in attaining educational success;
- Build strong relationships with families through consistent outreach including phone calls, home visits and family meetings and workshops;
- Communicate regularly with staff across Harlem RBI departments to ensure consistency and maintain a complete picture of youth performance in all areas of programming;
- Work with youth and families to maintain a minimum of 80% attendance in all assigned activities and a 90% youth transition to next program year;
- Organize and facilitate a variety of workshops and field trips with youth;
- Understand the essential objectives of the Team Enrichment program and can effectively communicate those objectives to all immediate stakeholders (families, youth, and partners).
- Bachelor's degree in Education or Social Work, Master's degree preferred;
- High school classroom teaching or youth development experience;
- Understanding of opportunities and challenges in the lives and education of urban youth;
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) helpful;
- Knowledge and/or interest in baseball/softball preferred.
Hours: Full-time with some evenings and weekend hours.
Compensation: Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403(B) retirement account, life insurance, twenty days paid vacation per year and access to a full range of social services through our Employee Assistance Program.
How to apply
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Your cover letter should address the following questions regarding Harlem RBI's "Cultural Fit Statement" (available on the employment section of our website): How do you fit into the culture of Harlem RBI? What might be challenging for you?
Please put "Team Enrichment Program Coordinator" in the subject line and please let us know how you heard of this opportunity. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
333 East 100th Street, New York, New York, 10029, United States