Be a part of building something amazing. Rocky Mountain Prep is a high-performing PK-5 public charter school in Denver whose mission is to close the achievement gap. As a fellow, you will collaborate with other high-caliber fellows and teachers, analyze data, and prepare and deliver great small-group instruction every day for your scholars. Because our teachers & fellows are our most important team members we invest in you with regular coaching and professional development to allow you to reach your PEAK!
The Fellowship: The fellowship provides participants with dedicated training, monthly stipend, benefits and licensure through our partnership with a local university. Modeled after the medical residency system, the focus of the Rocky Mountain Prep teaching fellows program is to provide newer educators with the professional development and hands-on experience needed to be effective and fully serve the needs of our student population. When you decide to join the Rocky Mountain Prep team, you are truly working with some of the best education professionals in the country. Rocky Mountain Prep traditionally hires about 1% of all qualified applicants.
What you’ll love:
- Constant improvement through weekly one-on-one coaching provided by the Director of Curriculum and Instruction or Director of Student Services and the mentor teacher in the classroom.
- Daily prep time and weekly opportunities to collaborate with content-area and grade-level teams.
- Participation in weekly school-wide professional development sessions.
- Analysis of student achievement data to drive rigorous educational outcomes for scholars.
- Create a rich, rigorous academic experience for all scholars.
- Lead small group instruction in literacy, math and writing.
- Partner with families to ensure that they have the resources necessary for their scholar(s) success.
- Sponsorship of teaching certification program at the Metropolitan State University.
A candidate we’ll love:
- Your unrelenting desire to learn and improve your practice is infectious.
- You’re organized and can’t help but creating a plan for everything. Your to-do lists are color-coded.
- You have a track-record of leadership and working with diverse communities.
- You’re entrepreneurial and willing to do “whatever it takes.”
- You have a deep dedication and belief in Rocky Mountain Prep’s mission, educational model & values.
- You are a team player who believes that working hard and having fun go hand-in-hand.
Fellows will receive a monthly stipend of $1,500.00 and benefits for their work for the year. A free CO teaching licensure opportunity is available.
How to apply:Are you ready to work with a high-performing team to provide a transformative education for low-income students?
Submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .