Wild Roots Nature School at Stonewall Farm in Keene, NH is currently hiring an Assistant Teacher for the 2014-2015 School Year. Wild Roots is a nature-based preschool/kindergarten program that follows the seasons and integrates with the farm’s activities through hands-on experiential education.
Job Description: Assistant Teacher for Wild Roots Nature School
The primary responsibilities of the Assistant Teacher are to implement the philosophy and policies of the Wild Roots Nature School under the guidance and direction of the Lead Teacher and Director and to care for the children enrolled at Wild Roots Nature School.
● Have knowledge and experience in, but not limited to, the field of Early Childhood Education and Environmental Education.
● Ability to communicate effectively with all children, parents, caregivers, staff members, and supervisory staff (Wild Roots Director, Stonewall Farm Education Director, Stonewall Farm Asst. Director, Stonewall Farm Executive Director, Board of Directors, etc.).
● Demonstrate well-developed classroom/group management skills and have strong knowledge of appropriate child development for children ages 20 months - 6 years.
● Must be willing, prepared, and able to be outdoors with children in all kinds of weather.
● Ability to collaborate with other educators to ensure high quality programming in the following areas: curriculum, language, development, culture and safety.
● Must meet Associate Teacher qualifications as stated in the New Hampshire Licensing Rules (please see below for further information).
● Must be certified in First Aid, CPR and water safety upon hire.
● Have a friendly, caring demeanor and enjoy working with children indoors and outside.
● Ability to lift fifty pounds at once.
● Assistant Teacher for the 3-6 year old class. Wild Roots Nature School is a state licensed child care program that operates M/W/F from 8:30-3:00 and serves children ages 20 months to 6 years.
● Work with the Lead Teacher to provide a curriculum that engages in age appropriate activities and that promotes a positive learning experience. Collaborate with staff on the implementation of curriculum and day-to-day activities.
● Assist the Lead Teacher to ensure that all written materials including, but not limited to: attendance records, time sheets, injury reports, weekly e-mail updates, monthly newsletters, and parent handbook are up to date and completed in a timely manner.
● Maintain appropriate positive behavior when interacting with children, parents/caregivers, and staff.
● Ensure that a safe, enriching environment for children is consistently provided.
● Maintain confidentiality of children, families, and staff.
● Work with the Lead Teacher to ensure that high quality programming and care for students is being provided.
● Ensure overall cleanliness and safety of the program room during Wild Roots Nature School hours of operation.
● Complete required yearly training hours for continuing education in the field of Early Childhood Education.
● Attend all staff meetings and staff trainings.
● Act as an ambassador for Stonewall Farm by greeting visitors and sharing the Farm’s mission.
● Wear attire that is appropriate for both indoor and outdoor settings in all weather.
242 Chesterfield Road
Keene, New Hampshire 03431