Our Mission and Core Beliefs:
We believe in success for every student. Through a demanding education of high standards, structure, and accountability, STRIVE Prep prepares students for educational success from kindergarten through college. In support of our students, STRIVE Prep is passionately committed to three Core Beliefs: Every child deserves a demanding, standards-based education; Accountable community develops character; and Great teachers are essential for academic excellence.
Our Students and Results:
- STRIVE Prep has led all Denver Public Schools (DPS) middle schools in academic growth for seven consecutive years since our opening in 2006.
- STRIVE Prep led all DPS schools at any level in academic growth in 2011 and 2013.
- Five of our schools have achieved top spots, ranking among the top 18 secondary schools in Denver for academic growth.
- Because we believe in equity, admission is open to all students in the communities we serve; academic proficiency, socioeconomic status, and prior performance are not considered for enrollment.
- Our student population is approximately 90% students of color and 92% qualify for free or reduced lunch.
- Across the network, 40% of students are English Language Learners and 10% receive Special Education services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead revolutionary instruction in grade level (Elementary through High School) and subject area.
- Establish systems and routines in order to create a safe, purposeful, and welcoming classroom environment.
- Collaborate with other teachers, school leaders, curricular specialists, and our special education team to ensure that instruction is always meeting the needs of all learners.
- Analyze student assessment data and determine next steps.
- Provide fair, accurate, and constructive feedback to students on their progress.
- Communicate regularly and often with families to both solicit their input and share student social and academic progress.
- Participate in Summer Training Institute as well as professional development throughout the school year.
Our Aspiring Teachers:
- Are passionate about their grade level and subject area (teacher’s license not required) and hold at least a bachelor’s degree (required).
- Are committed to constant growth and reflection, as an educator and a leader, through regular coaching and professional development.
- Are dedicated to educational success for all urban students of color.
- Are fired up about social justice, eager to empower our scholars, and committed to being change-makers.
- Bring enthusiasm, professionalism, and positivity to their classrooms and our adult community.
- Assume the best in others and are willing to have courageous conversations in order to do what is best for students.
- Are hard-working and view challenges as opportunities for improvement.
- Have high expectations of themselves and others, and a willingness to hold themselves and others to those expectations.
- Are effective at building relationships with students and families through consistent partnership and communication.
- Have experience teaching in an urban setting (preferred).
- Speak Spanish or have experience working with bilingual students (preferred).
What we offer our teachers:
- 150 minutes of structured planning time built into the school day to plan the highest quality lessons.
- A laptop and access to classrooms equipped with Smartboards, Chromebooks, and or student laptops/tablets.
- Competitive compensation package and relocation assistance for eligible candidates.
- Leadership pathways for successful employees within a rapidly growing public charter network.
- Annual cost of living and performance-based raises.
- Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program, including a PERA 401k contribution option.
- Funding of 100% of individual medical benefits and a wide range of insurance plans.
How to apply
To apply, visit our website at www.striveprep.org/careers
1825 S Federal Blvd, Denver, CO, 80219, US