Innovative nonprofit agency is seeking an organized, hands-on, energetic individual to teach a classroom of 20 young children in our daycare center located in a family homeless shelter. Qualified candidates will have experience working with high-needs families and young children, and be able to thoughtfully and creatively address the needs of the children and families we serve.
This position is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic child care and education professional to work in a child care program that meets the needs of a high-risk, vulnerable population.
The Teacher will collaborate with the program's director on daily lesson planning and curriculum development. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for active engagement in classroom activities as well as an ability to work well with supervisory and support staff.
• Collaborate with director on curriculum development and daily lesson planning
• Actively create and maintain a child-oriented and literacy-focused atmosphere
• Ensure developmentally appropriate educational, physical, and hygienic care of the children
• Interact closely with and supervise children at all times
• Ensure respectful interactions with children, parents and staff
• Provide a balance of activities to meet the children's needs
Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education and one year experience or BA/BS and 5 years of experience teaching pre-school
NYS certified preferred
How to apply
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to Alex Rogutsky at email@example.com. Please include "Teacher" in the subject line. Phone calls will not be accepted.