|Job Title||Sustainability Analyst|
|Location||AZ - Phoenix|
|Percentage of Travel||1-25|
|Job Responsibilities||Want a company with a real vision?
Our people make the difference in our success. Our vision is to provide Total Lifetime care to every pet, every parent, every time. We can't achieve this vision without the right people - they make the difference in our business and our success. Every associate plays a role in achieving our success by focusing on our three strategic priorities - delighting our customers, growing pet services and operating excellence. Here at the Store Support Group, you could play a key role in supporting these strategic initiatives.
Today, PetSmart has over 1200 store locations, with many more scheduled to open soon. We continue to grow at our Corporate Headquarters which means great opportunities for a professional such as you!
Benefits of working with PetSmart
PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive and supportive work environment, and prohibiting harassment and discrimination in all aspects of employment. PetSmart participates in background, drug and E-Verify screenings as appropriate under Company policies and applicable law.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
•Utilize the data to communicate through the Environmental Sustainability dashboard both internally and externally providing information on the effects of our operations with environmental metrics. Use this data to support the production of PetSmart‘s annual sustainability updates.
•Analyze results and identify areas of potential improvements and propose actionable next steps and initiatives.
• Collaborate with other business units and with vendors to enhance existing sustainability efforts, coordinate cross-functional efforts and facilitate generation of new ideas. Build business cases and provide analysis for proposed sustainability projects/initiatives. Also provide analysis, metrics and results of initiatives that have been implemented.
• Promote education and broader awareness and engagement for associates by communications through preparation and presentation of "The Learning Series" (Brown Bags), providing updates and information in the "Think Twice" Fetch site, communication through our ES quarterly newsletter, planning and executing events for associate engagement such as the Fresh Air Forum events and Earth Month activities.
• Maintain awareness of industry trends, governmental regulations, and best practices as it relates to environmental sustainability. Provide reports on trends, improvements and regulations in order to drive better business practices and regulatory compliance.
• Build agenda, provide content and produce pre-reads for the PetSmart Sustainability Council members. Facilitate council meetings, communicate results and follow up on action items.
•Partner with Public Affairs on opportunities to externally communicate PetSmart's Sustainability efforts.
|Experience/Education Required||REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Self starter with the ability to quantify analyses and present findings
• Excellent planning, organizational and prioritization skills
• Demonstrated ability to influence people in passionate, kind and engaging manner
• Able to demonstrate strong computer skills, i.e., Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint applications
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE