Located in Berkeley, California, Annie's, Inc. holds the Natural/Organic leadership position across brand banners Annie's Homegrown (macaroni & cheese, crackers, cookies, cereal, fruit snacks) and Annie's Naturals (dressings, condiments, BBQ sauce, flavored olive oils). The company has a long history of making great tasting, high quality, simple foods and a long standing commitment to sustainable business practices. Annie's products are distributed nationally, across channels including grocery, natural, mass merchandisers and club stores. Our mission is to cultivate a healthier, happier world by spreading goodness through nourishing foods, honest words and conduct that is considerate and forever kind to the planet. Our employees strive to live our mission and contribute to a better planet.
We are seeking a Sustainability Analyst who will play a key role in leading internal, data-driven sustainability initiatives while also supporting the Director of Sustainability with external and supply chain-focused programs. This person will perform environmental and financial analysis, research and analysis, and will lead employee engagement projects. The role requires a love for numbers and spreadsheets, digging into the details and interpreting the data. The Sustainability Analyst reports to the Director of Sustainability and will work internally as well as with external participants such as consultants, vendors and other stakeholders.
• Collect, analyze and interpret sustainability data and metrics for internal initiatives at the company, including company GHG emissions, water, waste, etc. and coordinate data collection from other departments. Development of reporting systems, as needed.
• Identify additional opportunities for measurement based on industry best practice and develop systems for implementation.
• Support reporting efforts to share sustainability performance results against key metrics.
• Perform research, review and analysis for special projects.
• Track and maintain data for our packaging as it relates to sustainability impacts. Analyze changes and make recommendations for improvements to reduce our packaging footprint.
• Manage outreach with packaging suppliers to collect packaging data; identify challenges and opportunities for packaging (primary, secondary and tertiary) systems from a sustainability perspective.
• Build and expand upon existing employee education program, which includes an internal education series focused on sustainability issues; includes identifying and scheduling speakers (internal and external), organizing and coordination for event, and tracking results.
• Design and manage employment engagement programs to encourage employees and other stakeholders to integrate the Annie's Sustainability Framework into their daily job activities.
• Support Sustainability Director with additional projects as requested, including research on trends and best practices and coordinating activities for supply chain partners.
Requirements/Skills for Analyst:
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field required, MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred. A minimum of 2 years of experience working on corporate responsibility/sustainability issues within a consumer products company or as an advisor/consultant.
• Strong analytical skills with ability to track, measure and identify business improvement solutions. Excellent attention to detail. Demonstrated expertise with numbers and spreadsheets. Results oriented with an ability to operate multiple projects.
• Demonstrated business analysis, financial analysis, and administrative skills including proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
• Experience with and/or passion for working within the organic foods industry. Knowledge of industry marketing research resources and ability to distill substantial and complex data into key insights and relevant takeaways.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and outstanding relationship building skills at all levels of the organization, including senior executives. Strong ability to collaborate across the organization and drive a shared agenda that recognizes and supports business needs.
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, and effectively manage and meet multiple, simultaneous deadlines with minimum assistance while maintaining a sense of humor.
• Ability to travel up to 15%.