LUTHERAN SOCIAL SERVICES OF NEW YORK
POSITION: Supervisor of Social Services
REPORTS TO: Site Director
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time (Management Team)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Supervisor of Social Services provides supportive, educational, and administrative supervision to the social service staff while acting as the liaison between the residents and the Director.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Acts so as to represent Lutheran Social Service of New York's mission, values, ethics, upholds agency Code of Conduct, and ensure adherence to agency policy and procedures by social service staff.
- Provides supervision (of caseload and documentation) and support to social service staff (may include intern) via individual sessions, staff meetings, and in-house trainings.
- Monitors staff fulfillment of routine and additional assignments.
- Maintains compliance with standards set forth by program funding sources.
- Compiles data and prepares monthly reports for program funding sources, as well as assists Director with annual reports and other functions related to the program.
- Ascertains that client records are "audit-ready" at all times via in-house audits.
- Approves time cards, changes in schedule, and monitors staff attendance.
- Completes monthly calendar of events and schedules client activities.
- Conducts client assessment and crisis intervention.
- Participates in intake process, including selection and screening of residents.
- Assists in Human Resource matters, ordering/monitoring of supplies, petty cash custodial duties, and other tasks related to program functioning.
- Serves as liaison for on-site resources for clients as well as program representative for off-site resources, including development of relationships within the community.
- Social service staff
- Volunteers and interns as needed
- Minimum of 3-years within the Social Service field
- Supervisory experience
- Experience working with substance abusers, HIV, formerly homeless and mentally ill populations
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates good oral and written expressive capabilities.
- Displays Time Management skills, ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments at once, and flexibility, including working some holidays and weekends.
- Exhibits strong leadership, clinical, administrative and supervision/management skills.
- Exhibits proficient knowledge of Internet Navigation, E-mail, and Microsoft Word.
- Bilingual a plus.
This positions description contains the major responsibilities required to perform this job. These responsibilities may change at any time to meet the needs of our clients, residents or agency.
How to apply
----- LSSNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer-----
All cover letters and resumes can be submitted to:
Robyn Houlihan, LMSW
334-336 Bergen Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11217, US