Good Shepherd Services, a leading NYC non-profit committed to the success of young people and families, is currently seeking a Supervisor FFC, for our Family Foster Care Program in the Bronx.
This position entails supervision of the assigned case planners including hiring, training and overseeing all aspects of their work. The program will establish close community ties, and be philosophically based in a strength approach and support a ‘family to family’ model of family foster care. The objective of the position is to ensure the safety, well-being and permanency for each child/family in the shortest period of time, using data to inform practice.
- Orient new case planners to: assess safety, assess family strengths and needs; assess well being; kinship issues; and cultural competence to support foster/kinship caretakers to provide a safe and nurturing environment.
- Supervise family foster care case planners weekly in the full range of services leading to the best plan for each family in the shortest time frame.
- Oversee an appropriate visiting plan for FFC families, moving from office visits to unsupervised and in- home visits as the case plan progresses toward a safe discharge.
- Network with community contacts for the purpose of making needed service referrals to the best quality of providers.
- Support and model for case planning staff by meeting with selected program participants and foster parents in complex case situations or when back up is needed.
- Monitor case planners calendars, and assist with organized planning to ensure monthly compliance with all contact requirements and paper work timeliness.
- Participate in appropriate staff meetings and interface as needed with the Central administration staff/office, agency attorney, etc.
- Review case planners paperwork for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure coordination of all specialists’ contacts into the case plan and foster good team work among case planners and specialists or other staff with whom they share a case.
- Participate in Family Team Conferences and ensure parent and child’s attendance
- Attend monthly supervisors meetings and contribute input into program issues and quality improvement
- Advocate for participants and staff with New York Children’s Services and the Courts as needed.
- Encourage and advance the use of the Sanctuary Model tools: safety plans, community meetings, psycho-educational groups, team meetings, red flag reviews, treatment planning conferences (or similar), and self-care in the department/program to create a non-violent and trauma-sensitive culture.
- Promote and model the seven Sanctuary Model commitments to create a non-violent and trauma-sensitive culture
- Integrate the Sanctuary Model SELF (Safety, Emotional Management, Loss and Future) framework into daily practice to ensure quality care and an effective work environment.
- Utilize Sanctuary Model principals in the supervisory practice.
- Utilize Solution Based Casework in the supervisory practice.
- Lead the implementation of Solution Based Casework model of casework practice within the department/program.
- Implement and integrate the principles and procedures of Solution Based Casework: assessment, family and individual level outcomes, action plans and documentation and celebration.
- Facilitate case consultation and offer support and guidance to ensure staff are adhering to the tenets of SBC.
- Integrate the practices of SBC into every supervisory session
- Participate in continued SBC training, coaching and the SBC certification process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- LMSW preferred; MSW required with good organization and communication skills, flexible and able to make independent decisions.
- Prior family foster care experience required.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Must have a commitment to working from a strength based and/or youth development perspective.
- Must have computer skills to support versatility in CNNX.
How to apply
Go to http://www.goodshepherds.org/ for a complete description and application instructions.
7 West Burnside Avenue, Bronx, NY, 10453, US