Homes for the Homeless seeks a Supervising Case Manager for its Jamaica, NY location to direct casework staff. The Family Services department is responsible for establishing a casework plan to meet the housing, educational, employment, and health needs of primarily single-female headed households in their transition to permanent housing. Specific responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Supervise a staff of five consisting of Case Managers and Housing Specialists
- Ensure that Case Managers develop service plans based on assessment of clients' needs and goals for a caseload of approximately 20 families per each CM.
- Ensure that CMs assist clients with referrals to outside agencies for employment assistance, medical services, GED assistance and follow-up to ensure that they utilize all available resources.
- Hold bi-weekly meetings to develop and facilitate the progress of the ILP (meetings are held weekly for families in shelter over 9 months).
- Facilitate flow of information to housing staff, Director of Family Services and Administrators.
- Ensure that Case Managers and Housing Specialists report non-compliant clients to the Director of Family Services to begin the Next Step process.
- BA/BS and at least 1-3 years of experience supervising case managers
- Familiarity with DHS procedures and NYC housing programs
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
Please send cover letter and resume to Ms. Sheryl Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate the postion's title in the subject line of your email. No phone calls.
Ms. Sheryl Williams