Title: Counselor, full-time, salaried position. Training, on-going support and supervision provided.
1. Provide individual counseling that addresses substance abuse and other self-destructive behaviors to middle and high school students in the role as the on-site Student Assistance Provider.
2. Conduct Better Choices program with students referred by school administration for bullying /harassment offenses.
3. Provide substance abuse prevention education in collaboration with school staff. This includes classroom work as well as community education discussions.
4. Provide individual counseling that addresses substance abuse and other self-destructive behaviors to adolescents, young adults and their families at Second Growth offices.
5. Coordinate and communicate with local service partners including healthcare providers, law enforcement and other child protection resources.
6. Facilitate one recovery support group weekly.
7. Maintain accurate and up to date records of client contacts.
8. Ensure compliance with legal issues including but not limited to client confidentiality: ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
9. Initiate and follow up on referrals to treatment and additional counseling resources as needed.
10. Adjust to fluctuating peaks in client flow and other operational demands while maintaining quality.
1. Proven success relating well with adolescents and working as part of a team.
2. Excellent written, oral communication skills.
3. Strong problem solving skills.
4. Demonstrated success in managing priorities during periods of high volume demand of services.
5. Able to work collaboratively and effectively with multiple school and human service professionals.
6. Versatility, flexibility and willingness to work with regularly changing priorities.
Qualifications: Previous experience working with adolescent population. Vermont addiction counseling licensure /certification or eligible for licensure required, masters' degree preferred.
205 Billings Farm Road
White River Junction, Vermont 05001