Compass School is looking to hire a paraeducator, 6 hours a day, 5 days a week, for the school year 2013-2014. The qualified individual will be hired as a member of a professional learning community to work alongside the special educator and classroom teachers within both the middle school and high school programs.
Job duties entail being an instructional assistant both within the special education support services program and regular education classroom. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
• Providing one-on-one and or small group instruction in academic areas
• Assisting teachers with daily and weekly lesson/work plans and follow-through
• Providing teacher and special educator with input for student programming
• Maintaining positive communications with faculty, students, parents/guardians, and agencies as applicable.
• Attending in-services and staff meetings as required
The qualified individual must have the following KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions effectively.
• Possess the skills necessary to work productively with children including appropriate reading, spelling, writing, and math skills to support student learning
• Exhibit good judgment, patience, tact, and courtesy
• Utilizes and maintains ethical practices for confidential communication about students
• Possess a minimum two year post high-school education or highly-qualified certification
Please send a cover letter, resume, transcript and three letters of written reference to either:
Director of Special Education & Support Services
Westminster Station, Vermont 05159