Stream Restoration Specialist
Canaan Valley Institute (CVI) is currently seeking applicants for the position of Stream Restoration Specialist to plan, design, and implement grant-funded and fee-based restoration projects. We are looking for an ecologically-minded professional with experience in natural stream and wetland design to lead and support projects as part of a small, fast-paced, and dynamic team. Project goals may include mitigation, habitat enhancement, stream bank stabilization, sediment load reduction, and water quality improvement. This work often involves close cooperation with project partners, agencies, and landowners; field work in remote locations; and budget constraints and deadlines. The position may be based in Davis, WV or another suitable location with regular travel to Davis, and will require frequent travel throughout the Mid-Atlantic Highlands region.
- Building relationships with and advising landowners and project partners
- Conducting physical, chemical, and biological stream and wetland assessments
- Assessing and evaluating restoration sites
- Generating stream and wetland mitigation site proposals and mitigation plans
- Developing conceptual and final designs and budgets, GIS maps, construction drawings and specifications, and permit applications for stream and wetland restoration projects
- Managing construction of restoration projects
- Monitoring and reporting on completed restoration projects
Background and Experience
Experience implementing natural stream design and wetland restoration projects is required and references and project examples will be requested. Experience with ArcGIS and CAD are also requirements. A master’s degree from an accredited college or university and three to five years professional experience are highly desired. P.E., P.W.S., and other relevant certifications are also desired. Applicants will need to demonstrate organizational skills, the ability to manage multiple projects, and a talent for working with landowners and partners to solve problems and develop site-specific solutions. Travel throughout CVI’s service area will be required; therefore candidates should possess or be eligible to obtain a valid driver’s license.
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience and ability. This position includes full benefits.
For consideration, send cover letter, resume, and 5 references emailed by April 30, 2013 to email@example.com.
Canaan Valley Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.