About the Company
Founded in 1891, The Trustees of Reservations preserve, for public use and enjoyment, properties of exceptional scenic, historic, and ecological value in Massachusetts and work to protect special places across the state. We have helped protect more than 50,000 acres, including 25,000+ acres on more than 100 reservations that are all open to the public. We are a non-profit conservation organization funded and supported entirely by our visitors, supporters, volunteers, and more than 40,000 members.
About the Job
The Trustees of Reservations seek a strategic, energetic, and highly motivated development professional to join our Development team. The Stewardship Manager is responsible for collaborating with gift officers to implement a comprehensive stewardship program and take the lead in managing the complex governance bodies of The Trustees; a key component of our development efforts.
The position of Stewardship Manager will be expected to carry out the following:
- Develop an annual stewardship plan in collaboration with the major gift team, annual giving team, and special events.
- Serve as the primary staff liaison for the organization’s volunteer governance members and key volunteer leaders.
- Collaborate with TTOR colleagues who manage subcommittees, property committees, task forces, and volunteer engagement opportunities to place key donors and prospects.
- Manage the process of governance recruitment to steward and engage our most promising donors and prospects in collaboration with fundraising colleagues.
- Collaborate with Major Gift Officers and Annual Fund Director to develop and implement quantifiable fundraising strategies for governance members and volunteer leaders. Directly participate in the solicitation of key donors and prospects as appropriate.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of the Annual Meeting, Board of Directors, Advisory Council, and other volunteer leadership group meetings to ensure a standard of quality and consistency is being achieved.
- Develop and implement a plan to engage Corporate Trustees.
- Other duties as assigned; for example, assisting colleagues by staffing events, implementing donor strategies, etc. The incumbent in this position will provide his/her own administrative support.
- Travel across Massachusetts required on a regular basis; travel outside of Massachusetts necessary on occasion. Access to personal car required.
The ideal candidate for the Stewardship Manager role will possess the following:
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3-5 years in a fast paced Development Office.
- Experienced in understanding the relationship of donors and volunteers to the organization.
- Previous measurable success as a front-line fundraiser.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement an effective donor stewardship plan.
- A track record of managing volunteers to attain quantifiable goals.
- Proven leader with exceptional management and customer service skills.
- Articulate, with the ability to listen, write, and speak effectively.
- Strategic, entrepreneurial problem solver.
- Highly motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate through multiple levels of an organization, and to work collaboratively with colleagues, members, donors, and volunteers.
- Detail-oriented with ability to plan and execute complex initiatives.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Confident fundraiser.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and Convio e-customer relationship management systems a plus.
- Commitment to the mission of The Trustees.
Access to a personal vehicle is required to carry out the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. Some night and weekend work is required.
Hours, Salary, & Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position based at our Long Hill property in Beverly, MA.
Starting salary is commensurate with experience.
As a full-time employee, the Stewardship Manager is eligible for benefits offered by The Trustees, including medical and dental insurance, life and disability coverage, paid time off benefits (vacation, sick, personal time, and paid holidays), as well as the opportunity to participate in our 401(k) retirement savings plan.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Patricia Sonia, HR Generalist, Stewardship Manager Search, The Trustees of Reservations, 572 Essex Street, Beverly, MA 01915, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
In addition to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, The Trustees of Reservations aim to create a thriving, inclusive workplace that values each member of our team. We also aspire to reflect and effectively serve the residents and communities of Massachusetts who are at the core of our mission.
572 Essex Street, Beverly, MA 01915