The Colorado Program of The Nature Conservancy holds conservation easements on over 380,000 acres across the state. The Science Technician II will be responsible for monitoring conservation easements for legal compliance and biodiversity health. This position requires independent work and travel and contact with partners and landowners across project areas. The technician will also work with interns and volunteers. The monitor will create reports including written documentation, photos, maps and other data associated with monitoring of conservation easement properties and load to central data library. The Science Technician II will work with science staff to ensure compliance with any easement management plan requirements and to design efficient monitoring plans. This position will participate with land protection and legal staff in identifying and evaluating compliance and enforcement issues. Experience communicating diplomatically is an essential function of this position. The ability to maintain accurate account and documentation of travel expenses is necessary. This position requires the ability to drive 4 wheel drive vehicles or pickup trucks on two track and rough roads in remote locations. Experience with Microsoft SharePoint a plus. This position requires a minimum of 50 % work in the field including overnight travel to remote areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in natural resources or science-related field and 1 year related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Masters degree in natural resources or science preferred.
- Experience utilizing GPS and GIS software and data to create maps.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite software and Web browsers.
- Experience managing databases and producing reports.
- Experience coordinating multiple projects, setting realistic deadlines and managing timeframes.
How to apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID# 41858 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is February 17,2014. The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.