State and Local Campaign Manager
The USGBC State and Local Campaign Manager is an integral member of the USGBC advocacy department and works to drive the success of the green building industry through active advocacy campaigns primarily focused on advancing public policy in states and localities. More information on USGBC’s Advocacy Campaigns can be found at www.usgbc.org/advocacy/campaigns.
The State and Local Campaign Manager is responsible for organizing, managing, and coordinating volunteer advocates across USGBC’s network of 70+ local chapters in all 50 states, representing more than 30,000 individuals, to help advance green building policy. Advocacy resource development, management and dissemination is also central to this individual’s role. As the primary contact for local chapter volunteers and members engaged in green building advocacy, the Campaign Manager works with a diverse set of stakeholders, interest groups, and USGBC staff to drive the organization’s mission forward.
Specific responsibilities include
- Drive and track successes in each of USGBC’s seven (7) active advocacy campaigns
- Provide strategic support to green building advocates and partners, primarily through the chapter network, on a wide range of local and state green building policy opportunities
- Develop and disseminate collateral such as fact sheets, market reports, and other resources that support green building advocacy efforts
- Cultivate a deep network of contacts and relationships with lawmakers, government officials, allied organizations, green building experts and other key policy players
- Quickly be able to write blogs and other materials to highlight key advocacy successes for internal and external audiences
- Build working coalitions with other regional building industry and environmental groups and manage contact lists for timely responses to green building advocacy opportunities and challenges
- Coordinate with relevant companies from USGBC’s 12,000+ organizational members
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a related building industry, or environmental discipline
- Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 4 years professional experience in a public policy and/or advocacy related field – some work experience in state/local government preferred
- Demonstrated experience managing volunteers in a campaign environment – remote volunteer management preferred
Other Required Skills and Qualifications
- Strong experience in managing multiple projects and teams
- Demonstrated track record in successful people management and proven ability to motivate others
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to anticipate complex issues and develop simple, effective solutions
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Excellent communication, organizational and computer skills including MS Office suite
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Passion for and commitment to USGBC mission
How to apply
If you find a position that is a great fit with your expertise and experience, please
- Email or fax your resume and a letter of interest to our human resources department.
- Note the title of the position you are applying for and your salary requirements.
- Submit files as PDFs or Word documents.
Ways to contact HR
- Email email@example.com
- Fax 202-478-5046
- No phone calls, please