This is a position for a detail oriented and dynamic candidate with excellent technical standards writing skills. Join part of a fun, fast-paced and growing organization that is developing exciting new programs for farmers and workers. Please submit a resume and cover letter by December 30.
The Standards Manager will join the newly formed Standards and Impact Team in developing Fair Trade Standards for Fair Trade USA for a variety of producer circumstances. The Manager will be responsible for writing clear, unambiguous standards in line with the objectives of Fair Trade, facilitating stakeholder outreach processes on standard content, facilitating public consultations, and ensuring balanced decision making in determining the final standards.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Write draft Fair Trade Standards that are aligned with the objectives of Fair Trade.
- Manage all processes related to creating standards guidelines, providing feedback on the compliance criteria, consulting on and updating the Fair Trade USA standards.
- Identify and engage with stakeholders to enrich the standards writing process.
- Liaison heavily with our technical consultants, incorporating feedback as appropriate.
- Design and facilitate public consultations on draft standards that are created using a variety of participation methods.
- Set clear timelines for delivery of standards.
- Contribute to internal and external communications on standards.
- Assist in the development of training tools for staff and consultants who assist producers in understanding compliance requirements.
- Bachelor's degree
- Four to eight years of experience working in an analytic, stakeholder engagement, technical writing or development capacity; preferably in the social and environmental agriculture arena
- At least two years experience working with technical standards, preferably in the social and environmental agriculture arena
- Experience collecting feedback from a very broad audience using a variety of tools (email, webinars, strategic conference calls etc)
- Proven ability to make recommendations balancing a variety of stakeholder interests
- Creative, strategic thinker with excellent communication, analytical, and quantitative skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, logical, systematic, methodical, and highly organized.
- Must be able to work autonomously and be self-driven.
- Should be flexible, adaptable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced and varying work environment.
- Qualified candidates who are mission-driven, have an interest in sustainable development and/or enjoy working for a socially responsible organization will be given strong preference.
How to apply
Please submit both a cover letter and a resume through the Careers section of our website at www.fairtradeusa.org