GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Speech and Language Pathologist is responsible for providing the following services: developmental evaluation, consultation, individual and group therapy, and service coordination to families and children in Strafford County, Services are provided in community settings as well as in families’ homes.
REPORTS TO: Director of Early Supports and Services
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILTIES: Supervises students in fieldwork as assigned.
• Provide individual and group Speech and Language Therapy in home and/or community inclusive environments for children birth to age three.
• Plans, manages and coordinates child developmental evaluations, specialty evaluations and transdisciplinary services.
• Provide supervision, as assigned, according to professional standards.
• Participates in annual evaluations for supervised staff.
• Provides consultative service to Early Supports and Service staff as requested.
• Provides in-service training to program staff.
• Assists families with management issues and coordination with other community agencies.
• Works closely with Family Support in meeting the needs and goals of families.
• Maintain records and documents services as required, according to agency policy and professional standards.
• Maintains daily schedule according to assigned caseload. Participates in work related meetings as assigned.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of Part C philosophy and HeM 510 and HeM 203 regulations.
• Develops Individual Family Support Plans (IFSPs) with parents and other team members.
• Develops strategies for meeting IFSP goals utilizing family strengths and considering family, needs, resources and priorities.
• Coordinates transitions to local school districts, community programs and Area Agency Programs prior to child’s third birthday.
• Maintains minimum productivity level of unduplicated visits per child per week.
• Attends professional development trainings to maintain knowledge, skill, and license and maintains a Professional Developmental Plan.
• Driving is a fundamental requirement of this position. A valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and reliable transportation is required.
• Other duties as assigned.